Goods and Service Tax(GST) , API (Application Program Interface) providing service to all the taxpayer related to different functionalities. This includes the services like :-
- Information on Payment,
- The filing of Returns,
- GST registration,
- Ledger viewing, and even more
Using this GST Developer portal, content is given to help application developers to understand, use, and consume GST API in their applications.
Application Program Interface (API) for the Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) are released. The government is following a platform approach for providing GST (goods and Service Tax) services to taxpayers. But these APIs are still in beta testing but developers can still create apps for taxpayers.
GST software system functionalities like registration of entities, uploading of invoices and filing of returns will now be available through these GST API. GST software, it is the most simplest and fastest way to prepare the GST return.
The GSTN will produce a system of service providers which are called GST Suvidha Provider (GSPs) who will create applications, mobile app and for tax filing.
The API working modules for the GSP
-Registration of taxpayer and tax consultant: This module will take care all the new registrations, changes to new registration, rejection of registration, cancellation, and surrender of registrations etc,
-Returns: The module will upload and update various invoices like accept, reject, modify of counterparty invoices and generating returns.
-Payments: The module will generate challans, payment history, and view challans of all companies of the group which has the same PAN (Permanent Account Number).
-Ledger maintenance: The module will show the usage of cash and input tax credit for tax payment.
-Miscellaneous: Module will even include taxpayer and tax consultant search, notifications and alerts etc.
Eligibility criteria for GSPs ( Generalized System of Preference)
The following points can be applied to become a GSP:
-A company which is registered in India under the Companies Act of 1956 or 2013
-A public sector oath or undertaking that is either central or state
-A partnership which is registered under the India Partnership Act or the Limited Liability Partnership Act
GST Compliance Requirement by the Taxpayer
The taxpayer under the GST Regime will have to give the following information at regular intervals:
- Invoice data upload at regular intervals
- Upload GSTR-1 which will be created based on invoice data and some other data which will be provided by the taxpayer.
- Download data on internal supplies in the form of Draft GSTR-2 from GST Portal created by the Portal based on GSTR-1 filed by the corresponding suppliers.
- Matching of purchases made and that downloaded from the GST portal. Complete the inward supply data and upload GSTR-2
- Register GSTR-3 created by GST Portal based on GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 and other information and tax paid.
- There are other returns for other categories of taxpayers like casual taxpayer or composition taxpayers.
In case you are confused about GST as a business owner, feel free to consult the GST experts at LegalRaasta. You can get comprehensive assistance on GST Registration and GST Return Filing. You can also use our GST software for doing end-to-end GST compliance