Service Tax Registration
Made easy and simple
Made easy and simple
Rs. 2,999 Onwards
SAVE 30% COST!!!
(Takes 5-15 days)
KNOW ALL ABOUT SERVICE TAX REGISTRATION
SERVICE TAX REGISTRATION
It is an indirect tax wherein the service provider collects tax on services from service receiver and pays the same to the Government of India. It is required for businesses providing services in India.
Service Tax Registration is mandatory for all service providers with a turnover of over Rs. 9 lacs. Failure to apply would attract penalties of Rs. 5,000 or Rs. 200 a day. Service tax registration is done through LegalRaasta.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR PACKAGE
PROCEDURE FOR SERVICE TAX REGISTRATION
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IN CASE OF PARTNER/PROPRIETOR/DIRECTOR
Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card
Authorization letter (In case of Partnership)
Board Resolution (In case of Company)
Copy of Partnership deed (In case of Partnership)
Authority from other directors on letter head (In case of company)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IN CASE OF ENTITY
PAN Card copy of firm/company
Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
Copy of Rent agreement(If rented property)
Landlord NOC (Format will be provided by us)
Electricity/ water bill of business place
FEATURES OF SERVICE TAX
Small scale service providers who provide services of less than Rs 10 lakhs in an year are exempted from Service Tax Registration.
If registration is not issued within 7 days of the filing of form ST1 along with the relevant documents then registration is deemed to be guaranteed.
It’s return is filed twice in a year. 25th October is the due date of filing return for half year ending 30th September and 25th April is the due date for filing return for half year ending 31st march.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is rate of Service Tax?
– It will be levied at a flat rate of 15% on the amount.
2. Who has to get registration done?
– Service tax registration is mandatory for service providers whose turnover from taxable services exceeds Rs. 9 Lacs in the previous financial year.
3. When is the Service Tax return to be filed?
– 25th October is the due date of filing return for half year ending 30th September and 25th April is the due date for filing return for half year ending 31st march.
4. When should Service Tax payments be deposited?
– Service tax payments must be deposited by Companies, Societies, Trust, etc., monthly. Proprietary Firms and Partnership Firms are required to make Service Tax payments quarterly.
5. What is the penalty for not obtaining tax registration?
– If tax registration is not obtained then a penalty Rs 5000 Rs. 200 a day, whichever is higher may be attracted.