Given below is the details of required documents for service tax registration in India:
- PAN card copy of the owner of the business entity.
- Recent Photograph and identity proof of the person filing the application which includes aadhar card, voter ID card, driving license etc.
- List of all the proposed directors of the company.
- Companies memorandum and articles of association.
- Details of the main bank account of the owner
- Approval is required from all the directors, promoters for the person who is filing the application. Without approval, application cannot be filed.
- Various other documents such as import-export code, state sales tax number, central sales tax number, VAT, CIN which is company index number.
- Every business entity except in the state of Jammu and Kashmir is required to acquire service tax from its customers and pay it to the government.
- Registration process starts with filling the ST-1 form online. The business entities doing the registration first time have to create an account first which can be made by going to the website www.aces.gov.in. When you have been logged in a password will be sent to your email account which you can change whenever you want. Following documents have to be submitted
- Address proof
- PAN card copy
- Identity proof has to submit which include aadhar card, driving license, voter ID card
- Statement of your bank account
- Two photos clearly were taken
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- If the authority is satisfied with the above-mentioned documents then registration will be given to you in about 2 days of filing online form.
- The business firms can start paying their taxes online after receiving service tax registration certificate. This certificate will serve as the proof for every business firm.
- The above-mentioned documents have to be a courier with 7 days for future purposes. Self-attested documents can only be used for sending. Documents can be sent through speed post or registered post.
- If the service tax officer is not finding documents correct or in the order he may ask for right documents. The registration will cease if documents are improper or incorrect if the address mentioned in the documents is non-existent.
- After obtaining the service tax registration, business entities start paying tax online. The payment can either be made online or through cheques or banks.
Documents for service tax registration of sole proprietorship
- Pan card of the owner
- Address and identity proof of the owner. Identity proof such as driving license and aadhar card.
Documents for service tax registration of partnership
- Partnership deed
- Address proof of the owner.
Documents for service tax registration of company
- Certificate of incorporation of the company
- Memorandum and article of association of the company
- Address and identity proof of every director.