The documents required for the incorporation of a public limited company is of extreme importance as proper documentation needs to be done first to stay away from any encumbrances. The documents required for incorporating a Public limited company are discussed in this article.
Public Limited Company is a form of company which offers its shares to the general public. It gives limited liability to its owners and shareholders. At least seven shareholders are required to incorporate this form of company. It should at least have three directors. This form of company is very common in countries like the United Kingdom. It is a separate legal entity and has no maximum limit to the number of shareholders it can have. They are thus huge and can raise high share capital. There is a defined procedure when it comes to an incorporation of the company, according to the Companies Act. A certificate of commencement of business is required before starting the company. A minimum paid capital of Five lakhs is required. Certain documents are required for incorporation of Public Limited Company. The same is mentioned below.
The documents required are:
- Identity Proof of all the directors and shareholders.
- Address Proof of all the directors and the shareholders.
- PAN Card of all the directors and shareholders.
- Utility Bill of the office that you have proposed as your Registered office for your Public Limited Company.
- A No-Objection certificate from the landlord of your registered office.
- DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) of the directors.
- DIN (Director Identification Number) of all the directors.
- Memorandum of Association.
- The article of association.
Once all the documents are obtained, you can apply for your company’s name approval. After its approval, you can submit all the documents along with the prescribed form (INC 21) and fees to the registrar of the companies. An application for Certificate of Commencement of Business is also filed. After all the verification you have issued a certificate, hence completing the incorporation of your company successfully.