FSSAI Registration is important to ensure that there is a healthy and hygienic supply of food and food products. FSSAI is an abbreviation for Food Safety and Standard Authority in India it is the body established in the year 2008, under the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 this act is a consolidating statute which relates to food safety in India. It focuses on the promotion and protection of the public health through the regulation of the food safety. The headquarter of FSSAI is in Delhi it has other six offices in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Cochin.
FSSAI Registration and Licensing is important and, mandatory for every entity or individual who owns any form of the food business. However, the small business organizations are exempted from such a rule but they should get themselves registered with food authority. For easy going, one can also apply for online registration and licensing.
- Registration under FSSAI enhances the credibility of the business.
- It helps the consumer to trust the food items in respect of the food quality.
- It promotes food innovations.
- It removes multiple regulations on receiving approvals.
- Without compromising the safety of the consumer it facilitates the trade.
Types of FSSAI License
There are three categories with different kinds of annual turnover and these categories are:
- FSSAI basic registration
- For a business with annual turnover of INR 10 lakhs
- The basic registration is for small business.
- It can be upgraded to the sales license as the sale graph increase.
- There is no issuance of FSSAI license number as the product may or may not be registered.
- FSSAI State license
- For a business with an annual turnover of INR 12 lakhs to INR 20 crores.
- The FSSAI registration number of 14 digits shall be printed on the back of a product.
- FSSAI Central license
- For the business with annual turnover more than INR 20 crores.