FSSAI means food safety and security authority of India. It’s an agency under the control of Indian government and ministry of health and family affair. The FSSAI has established under the act of food safety and security act of 2006. It is basically an organisation made for protecting the health of the people. It promotes the health of the public through supervision of this act. The chairperson of the FSSAI is appointed by the central government amongst the persons who are in the field of home science. It is compulsory for all manufacturers, traders, and restaurants to get this certificate. There is a procedure to get FSSAI License below.
Registration process for FSSAI License
- Every food business operators are required to have an active telephone number as well as email ID. This is required for licensing.
- The name of the respective food business operators should be written correctly in the application as it will appear in the license.
- When your application is successfully submitted then the system will give you a unique reference ID which is to be written for your every application.
- The next step is for payment of the fee. Take the print of the acknowledgement and online application form and make a demand draft (DD) of the specified amount.
Procedure for checking Eligibility
- For obtaining the central license, state license or registration certificate, you have to check the eligibility option.
- Then you have to provide the serial number, name and all other information which has been asked by the department.
- You can operate on more than one premise or unit and work in multiple districts or states.
- The final step is to check your eligibility.
Procedure for Central License
- According to the eligibility criteria, if you come in the category for Central License then you will be directed to the Central Licensing page where you have to fill out the application shown according to Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. Every data provided to the department should be correct and appropriate.
- Do make sure to write down generic names like coconut oil, flavoured milk and not brand names.
- Make sure that the names of food products which you list must be approved products as per FSS Act 2006
- If you want to add a new product then click on ‘Select Food Category’ in the screen of Food Processing Unit and from the drop down menu select the food category. Fill all food items one by one but for clarity. Fill up all information correctly as the same will appear on your FSSAI License.
- Next step is to download the form.
You can even upload the form by using an electronic signature.
- Now you are coming towards the end of the process. At last of the screen, you will be asked for how many years you want to apply. You have to choose the appropriate period of time.
Procedure for State License
- After you have checked your eligibility and you are eligible for multi licenses then you can apply for state license individually.
- Based on the pre-check procedure if you are falling in the category for State License then you will be directed to the State Licensing page where you will fill out the application shown according to Ac of food security, 2006.
- The procedure for state licensing application is very similar to Central License Application. It is filled in the same way as of central. The process is similar to that of central license as mentioned above.
Those operators who want to apply for Fssai renewal must apply at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the license.