Certified GST Practitioner: Goods and Services Tax (GST) is calibrated to renovate the complete indirect tax apparatus in India and make doing business serene in India. With the execution of GST, over one crore registered undertakings will be registered below the GST as a taxable person and be required to observe with numerous GST abidance requirements. To make conformance uncomplicated for businesses, the Government has inaugurated numerous inventiveness like GST Practitioners and GST Abetment Centers. In this article, we will glance at GST Practitioners and the process for flattering a GST practitioner. GST law is a brand new and developing indirect tax law in India. Consequently, it is bound to elevate indecisions in the mind of taxpayers regarding registrations, yield filings, refund asserts, and other abidance under GST. Apprehension this, the Government has introduced the concept of GST practitioners to help taxpayers in GST compliance. This covers the applicability of certifications and how to get certified through the GST practitioner examination.
Who is a GST practitioner?A GST Practioner is an individual accepted by the Central Government or State Government to execute one or more of the activities mention below, on encouragement of the taxpayers:
- Registration: A GST practitioner can abet in making an implementation for GST Registration in favor of the taxpayer or make adaptations in/abandonment of GST registration.
- Returns: A GST practitioner can abet in arranging the monthly or quarterly or annually GST Outcomes such as GSTR – 3B, GSTR – 1, GSTR – 9, etc.
- Refunds/Payment: GST practitioners can file reimbursement claims or pay taxes in favor of the registered individuals.
- Authorized representatives: GST practitioners would be accepted to seem like an authorized representative before any officer of the GST Department, Appellate Authority, and the Tribunal.
- A pensioned officer of the Commercial Tax Department of any State Government or of the Central Board of Tariff and Customs, Department of Income, Government of India, who, during his services under the Government, had worked in a post not lower in rank than that of a Group-B circulated officer for a phase of not less than two years; or
- Has been registered as a sales tax practitioner or tax return prepares under the existing law for a session of not less than five years;
- Has the following degrees or qualifications:
- A graduate or postgraduate degree or its analogous examination having a degree in Commerce, Law, Banking comprising Higher Auditing, or Business Administration or Business Management from any Indian University entrenched by any law for the time being in force; or
- A degree assessment of any Foreign University acknowledged by any Indian University as comparable to the degree exam having a degree in Commerce, Law, Banking comprising High Auditing, or Business Administration or Business Management; or
- Any other assessment apprised by the Government, on the exhortation of the Council, for this motivation; or
- Has passed any of the following given assessments, namely:
- Final assessment of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India;
- The institution of Cost Accountants of India;
- Final assessment of the organization of Company Secretaries of India.
Role of GST PractitionerTo assist taxpayers with their GST compliances, Goods and Services Tax Practitioners can tackle any or all of the following activities on favor of a GST taxpayer
- Organize GST Return GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 with features of apparent and ongoing supplies;
- File monthly, quarterly, annually, or finalized GST outcome;
- Make GST payments in favor of the taxpayer for credit into the electronic cash ledger;
- File an assert for GST reimbursement;
- File implementation for alteration or cancellation of GST registration.
GST Practitioner – ConditionsThe following given are the conditions for registering as a GST Practitioner on the GST Portal:
- The candidate should take over a valid PAN card.
- The interviewee should own a valid mobile number.
- Applicant must possess a rational Email ID.
- The candidate should have a Professional address.
- The applicant should take control of all the needed documentation and information.
Significance of certificate by GSTP ExamOnce registered as a GST Practioner, the person should pass the GSTP assessment within two years of enrolment. An inconsistency to this is that if a person signs up as a GSTP before the 1st of July 2018, he might get one more year to pass the assessment. A GST practitioner files necessary data/information in favor of the taxpayer. On the whole the significance of the work done by the GST practitioner, he should be registered on the GST Portal and should pass an examination to procure a certification, before he can begin his own practice. Procuring a certificate of GST Practitioner (GSTP) assists to expand credibility and trust for the service offered by the practitioner, in the eyes of the taxpayer.
Strides to be a certified GST practitionerFollowing given steps should be followed by an individual to become a certified GST practitioner: Step 1: Register on the GST portal as a GST practitioner in Form PCT-01 and procure Enrollment certification in Form PCT-02 Upload essential details for registration as GST Practitioner on the portal. GSTN will give rise to a Temporary reference number (TRN) and substantiate these details through an OTP sent on the registered phone number. Sync supporting documentation and submit the implementation through DSC or EVC. An acceptance with the GSTP Enrollment number is obtained on registered email ID within fifteen days. Step 2: Becoming visible for the GSTP Exam supervised by NACIN for certification Within two years of enrollment on the GST portal seem for the GSTP examination supervised by NACIN paying the necessary fees. Applicants should score at least 50% of the total marks to be licensed as certified GSTP. The list of registered GSTP would then be obtainable on the GST common portal for the taxpayers to exercises their choices.
Validation of LicenseGST Practitioner license considered valid up to canceled by the pertinent authority. Although, any mortal holding a GST Practitioner license must pass the examination supervised by the GST Authority and apprised by the Commissioner from time to time. Farther, all individuals appealing to be a GST Practitioner through the sales tax practitioner or tax return trainer route should pass the examination conducted by the GST Authority within one year from the application of GST. Further, a commodities, and services tax practitioner registered in any country, or Union Territory might be treated as registered in the State/Union territory for the motives.
Pre-conditions for the GSTP examinationIf the applicant fulfills the primary circumstances, he should register himself on the GST portal for GST practitioner in Form PCT-01 and procure the enrolment number in Form PCT-02 from the concerned officer after due inquiry. He should then seem for the GSTP examination to get qualified. The assessment for enrolment as a GST practitioner would be supervised by NACIN (The National Academy of Customs and Indirect taxes and Narcotics).
Do’s and Dont’s for GSTP examination
- Enroll for the examination on the NACIN site well in advance.
- Pay assessment fees.
- Study the GST laws and return filing procedures thoroughly.
- Stay updated with alterations in GST law
- Carry original identification documents such as PAN, Voter ID & Passport.
- Must carry the Admit card to the exam hall
- Appearing late by half an hour for the exam. Gate closed fifteen minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Bring proscribed items such as mobile phones, Bluetooth devices inside the exam hall.
- Use inequitable means or practices during the assessment.
- Interfere with the hardware/software situated for the examination.
- Misbehaved in the exam hall in any manner.