- 1 Overview
- 2 The procedure of GST certificate download
- 3 GST REG-06
- 4 2 Annexures of GST REG-06
- 5 Fee for GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B waivered
- 6 Extension of GST Annual Return date
- 7 The validity of GST Certificate
- 8 Amendments to GST certificate download
- 9 How to make amendments in GST certificate download
The Good and Services Tax (GST) was introduced on 1st July 2017. This tax is responsible for removal of many other taxes like VAT (Value Added TAX), CST, Luxury Tax, Entertainment Tax, and the list goes on. Under this, every company/business with a turnover of more than Rs.20 lakh has to register themselves and this limit is Rs.10 lakh in the north-eastern businesses. What is the process of GST certificate download? Let’s see.
It is also necessary for a business to carry out GST certificate download and put it in the premises of the business. It should be available at every point in time.
The procedure of GST certificate download
Once you’ve registered yourself as a GST User, the certificate is ready to be downloaded any time by following these simple steps:
- As soon as you’ve registered yourself as a GST user, a username, password, GSTN (Goods and Services Tax Number) becomes available.
Avail our service for easy gst registration
- Now, use these to log in to the GST portal by first going to gst.gov.in
- If you’re an existing user, proceed normally and if you’re a first time user, click on the first time user button given at the bottom.
- Now, you need to enter provisional ID and password received in the Email for registration.
- After logging in, an option for resetting username and password becomes available
- After this, a dashboard will open where you will see user services
- Once you’ve clicked on the user services, click on the GST certificate download button
- Finally, click on the download button.
After downloading, open this file to see that the certificate is in the form of GST REG-06, where all the business details are mentioned.
2 Annexures of GST REG-06
You’ll see there are 2 Annexures in this form namely
Details of the place of business are mentioned in this Annexure.
Details of people in charge are mentioned in this Annexure.
Fee for GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B waivered
The 31st GST council has announced the waiving off charges of late fee for GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B. This comes out to be the biggest relief for small businesses.
The council said, “Late fee shall be completely waived for all taxpayers in case FORM GSTR-1, FORM GSTR-3B & FORM GSTR-4 for the months/quarters July 2017 to September 2018, are furnished after 22.12.2018 but on or before 31.03.2019.”
Extension of GST Annual Return date
Businesses covered under GST needs to file a return using GSTR- 9, which is due to 31st December every year for the financial year ended on 31st March, the same calendar year. But since the concept of GST is novel to many businesses, the date for filing such return was first extended to 31st March 2019. And now, it is further extended to 30th June 2019.
The validity of GST Certificate
GST certificate usually does not have an expiry date. So, unless it is canceled or surrendered by GST authority it will remain valid forever.
Though, in the case of a casual taxable person, GST registration and non-resident taxable person GST registration, the time limit is valid up to a maximum 90 days. An option for renewal or extension is also available.
Amendments to GST certificate download
If the GST certificate has any wrong information, the person can rectify it using amendments in the core field option on the GST portal. These amendments require approval by tax officials, after which a new certificate would be available. The core field includes:
- Changes in Trade/Legal name of the business
- Principal location of the business
- Changes in additional place of business (other than the change in state)
- Amendments in the Annexure-B i.e. people in charge. This includes addition/removal of Partners/Managing director/Karta and whole time Director / Members of Managing Committee of Associations / Board of Trustees/ Chief Executive officer or equivalent etc.
How to make amendments in GST certificate download
It is a step by step procedure to make amendments in the core fields (mentioned above). This includes
- First, access the GST portal
- Then, log in using your credentials
- Now click on services, then registration and finally click on the amendments of registration core fields option
- Update the changes required by selecting the fields
- Select the verification checkbox in the verification tab
- Select the authorized signatory in the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list.
- Enter the name of the place in the place field
- Finally, after entering all the necessary details, you are required to sign the document digitally using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or EVC.
Use our services to can create your own digital signature
After this, you’ll receive an e-mail or a message notifying you of approval/rejection of the amendments. Furthermore, the approval order (REG-15) would be available to download and so will be the new GST certificate download option.
To avail, our services in GST return filing, GST registration or to download our GST software, click on any of the tags or go to our website LegalRaasta or give us a call at +91 8750008585 to get our expert services. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org