- Search GST Number by name: How?
- How to Apply for GST Number?
- What is the structure of a GST Number?
- How to find the GST number by name?
- How to search GST number by PAN?
- When to use this validator?
- What are the correct Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number structure?
- Which details of GSTIN will be displayed
- Steps to search GST numbers by name?
- Where and how to complain about fake GSTIN?
- Advantages of using GST Number Search by Name as well as PAN Tool
- GST Number Verification Online
- Benefits of GSTIN Verification Tool
- Suggestion for GST number by name:
- Can we get GST numbers by name from all taxpayers?
- How to use GSTIN Search & Verification tool?
- How do I know if a Goods and Services Tax number is wrong or right?
- Can we get the address from Goods and services tax Identification?
You know that you can locate the GST number of any company or company by typing the company name or by entering the company’s first letters.
Search GST Number by name: How?
You can search for the GST number by name. You’ve got to be in the right place if you want to search or find a GST company, partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, or business. The GST number is only available by typing the first few companies or business name letters.
GST Number is a GSTIN 15-digit tax identification number issued by the government to registered taxpayers.
Every person whether an individual, company, as well as a partnership firm who register under GST, is issued an identification number. This number is called the GST Number.
The GST number is referred to as GSTIN.
How to Apply for GST Number?
You can apply for a GST number by visiting the official GST portal as well as following the steps mentioned below:
- On the homepage of the GST portal, look out for the option ‘Services’ as well as click on it.
- As you click on it, choose the option ‘Registration’ as well as under it click on ‘New registration’.
- The required information such as the name, state, district, company name, PAN number, captcha code, email address, and mobile number will be included in the new registration form.
- After entering the details, click on ‘proceed’.
- As you click on proceed, you will be redirected to the next page, and there enter the OTP received on the email as well as the mobile respectively.
- Make sure to enter the OTP within ten minutes, as it expires after that.
- As you successfully enter the OTP, the screen will display a TRN as well as a temporary reference number. Note the TRN number for future reference.
- Further, go back to the home page and click again on the ‘services’ option, as well as then on ‘registration.’
- Then, click on ‘New registration number’ as well as choose the option ‘Temporary reference number.’
- Enter the OTP, the TRN along with the captcha code as well as the new OTP.
- On entering the details accurately, you will now be directed to the ‘My Saved Application’ page. There you should submit the form within the next fifteen days.
- Fill this form with required details and attest with scanned copies of the bank account number, proof of business existence, IFSC code, as well as PAN number amongst others.
- Proceed further by filing the enrolment form and click on ‘Save and Continue’. Similarly, attach the proof of business on the Business as well as Promoters/Partners tab.
- Make sure the form gets attested by an authorized signatory under the ‘Authorized Signatory’ section. This can be done with an e-sign as well as via DSC. You should digitally sign your signature using the same way.
- On filling the form, you will receive an Application Reference Number or the ARN on the mobile number as well as the email. This will supplement you to sign your application.
- Once the form is submitted successfully, you will be assigned a GST number as a GST officer approves it.
- On approval of the form and the allotment of the Goods and Services Tax number, you will be notified of the same via email as well as mobile number. Along with this, you will also be given a temporary password as well as a username, that will be used to log in.
- The password then would be reset by clicking on ‘First-time login.’
- The GST registration certificate can then be downloaded within 3-5 days from the ‘Services’ tab by clicking on the option ‘user service’ as well as then on ‘View on Download Certificates’.
What is the structure of a GST Number?
GSTIN consists of 15 digits. These are 15 alphanumeric characters as well as each character has a specific purpose.
- First 2 digits: State code
- 3-12 alphanumeric characters: PAN of the person
- 13 digits: Quantity of registrations in a single state
- 14 alphabets: Z, common for all
- 15 alphabets or numbers: Checksum and unused as of now.
The first 2 digits represent the state of registration. The next 10 characters represent the PAN number of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number holder. Next is a digit that shows the number of registrations contrary to a single PAN number in a state. Next is Z which is common for all. In the end, it’s either an alphabet or a number that is unused as of now.
How to find the GST number by name?
GST numbers can be easily searched by name. The list of GST numbers with the names of the central government is shared by each State. The list concerns taxpayers’ division between the central government and the state government. We are prepared to search for you.
To search for any company’s GST number, just type in few company name letters and you can see the results. By default, only 10 GST numbers contain limited information. It is therefore suggested that you type correct and accurate information.
How to search GST number by PAN?
To search for the GST number using the PAN of a person, company, as well as a firm, follow the steps below.
- Visit Know your GST search tool
- Type PAN of the business
- Click on the search button
- Results will be displayed.
When to use this validator?
If you have a Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number written in bad handwriting as well as which Goods and Services Tax portal is showing as invalid, you can use this validator to get a possible correct GSTIN. This doesn’t work in every condition but can be a useful tool at times.
What are the correct Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number structure?
Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number is 15 characters.
The structure in detail is as under
- First 2 character is number and is the state code or union territory code. It will be from 01 to 37.
- The third to twelfth character is PAN. The third to Fifth character is alphabets. It could be any alphabet.
- the Sixth character is the alphabet and it depends on the type of assessee.
- 7th Character is the first alphabet of the surname in the case of an individual. In the case of other assessees, it would be the first alphabet in the name of the assessee. For example – In case GSTIN is to be provided in name of Deepesh Agarwal, the 7th character will be “A”.
- The 8th to 11th character is random numbers.
- The 12th character is PAN checksum. It is an alphabet.
- The 13th character is the entity number of the same PAN in the state.
- The 14th character is the alphabet “Z”.
- The 15th character is the checksum. It is derived from a mathematical formula based on the first 14 characters. The checksum is used in various areas to check the validity of a number without searching in the database. Along with GSTIN, it is used in debit cards and credit card numbers.
You could get a new GSTIN using TaxAdda’s Goods and Services Tax Registration Service
Which details of GSTIN will be displayed
The subsequent details will come for the existing GSTIN –
- Trade Name
- Legal Name
- Status – Active or Inactive
- Registration Date
- Dealer Type
- Entity Type
The details are fetched from the GSTN portal using the Application Programming Interface given by the government itself (Through the Generalized System of Preferences). So, the data is always authentic as well as up to date.
Steps to search GST numbers by name?
Steps to search for Goods and Services Tax Identification Number using the name are as follows.
- Visit GST by the name search tool
- Type the name of the company, person, or firm
- Click on the search button
- Add state name to search within a state
Though we have made it very simple to retrieve GSTIN by name a company, person, as well as firm may have registration in more than one state. To find the exact Goods and Services Tax number, type the name along with the state name.
Where and how to complain about fake GSTIN?
Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number is of 15-digit PAN Based number. As a registered taxpayer, you need to authenticate the vendor’s Goods and Services Tax Number before entering it into your GST Return as the wrong Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number may attract fines, penalties, and zero ITC. So the name Masters India GST number and PAN tool are useful for authenticating your suppliers and dealers’ GST numbers.
Advantages of using GST Number Search by Name as well as PAN Tool
Here is the list of advantages that you can enjoy by using GST Number Search by name as well as the PAN tool
- Evading GSTIN fraud by checking the authenticity of GSTIN
- Avoid associating with supplier’s using fake GSTIN
- Correcting any possible error in reporting GSTIN
GST Number Verification Online
GST verification is an important thing for all Goods and Services Tax taxpayers. The GST number confirmation supports the taxpayer to cross-check the legitimacy of other business units and the relevance of one’s own business. The Goods and Services Tax online verification is free of cost as well as a reliable tool that gives accurate results in no time.
Benefits of GSTIN Verification Tool
The Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number verification tool offers numerous subsequent benefits:
- Verifying the Goods and Services Tax number helps you categorize the authenticity of a business unit.
- Goods and Services Tax number verification helps verify the hand-written invoices.
- At times, many fraud business units tend to manipulate the Goods and Services Tax number on the Invoice. In such situations verifying Goods and Services Tax numbers online can help one locate the reliability of a business.
- In addition to these, Goods and Services Tax number verification helps one to check whether the details of one’s business unit have been updated correctly on the GST portal or not.
Suggestion for GST number by name:
- Type the correct word (check spelling)
- Type at least 10 characters of the word you want
- Type a state name with a few letters of the alphabet to find relevant information in the province, it is possible for the company to have GST registration in various regions.
- Example: If you want to search the GST number of an Indian train in Karntaka. Type Indian Railway Karntaka, otherwise you will find details of Indian Railways in all provinces.
Can we get GST numbers by name from all taxpayers?
- No, it is not possible to get a GST number in the names of all taxpayers. You can find details about the name of the taxpayers below:
- List of taxpayers shared by the national government
- Businesses have shared GSTIN on their website
- We have details of GST numbers with the name from the CBIC website as well as hand-picked information from different business websites.
How to use GSTIN Search & Verification tool?
GSTIN search and verification tools can be accessed online on the official GST portal. It can be done by the subsequent steps:
- Visit the official GST portal, i.e., https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- On the home page, search out for the option, ‘Search TaxPayer’.
- After clicking the above mentioned, select the option ‘Search GSTIN/UIN’.
- Proceed further as well as enter the required details like the GSTIN/UIN number and the captcha code.
- After entering the details, click on ‘Search’ to find the Goods and Services Tax number.
On entering the correct details, you can verify various details such as the name of the business, Date of registration of the business, State of business operation, Goods and services tax Identification Number as well as Unique Identification Number status, the type of Goods and Services Tax taxpayer, as well as the type of business constitution such as partnership, sole-proprietorship as well as company name.
How do I know if a Goods and Services Tax number is wrong or right?
You can search for Goods and services tax Identification in a Goods and services tax Identification searcher like TaxAdda’s tool. If the Goods and services tax Identification is wrong then it will show No records Found.
Can we get the address from Goods and services tax Identification?
Yes, use Legalraasta Goods and services tax Identification search and the address will be displayed for that Goods and services tax Identification. But contact details like email as well as mobile number are not available.
All Goods and services tax Identification search tools show that the Goods and services tax Identification is active or not. If Goods and services tax Identification is not active then the date of cancellation is also shown.
No, such facility is not provided by Goods and services tax Identification Number portal and therefore cannot be accessed by other tools also. Although you can get Goods and services tax Identification by PAN on gst.gov.in