ISO or The International Organization for Standardization is a non-governmental International federation of national standards with about One hundred and sixty-two Countries as its member. They provide International standards so as to generate products and services for high quality, safety, and efficiency. International standards are basically documents which provide certain specifications, guidelines or characteristics which help check the consistency of your product or services. There are more than One thousand nine hundred International Standards (which are updated as per the requirements) published by ISO. Few of the popular Standards are ISO 9000 (Quality management), ISO 22000 (Food Safety management), ISO 1400 (Environmental Management), ISO 26000 (Social responsibility), ISO 4217 (Currency codes), ISO 27001 (Information security) and so on. As an Entrepreneur, ISO 9000 (eligible for every sector) which includes ISO 9001:2015 is of our prime concern. Described below is the process as to how you can receive ISO Certification in India.
Guidelines for ISO Certification
ISO Certification can help you in many ways. It can help attract customers and other companies to trust your company. Even though ISO certification is achieved by following the international Standards set by ISO, ISO does not issue any kind of Certificate. External bodies (different for different countries) issue the ISO certification. But the point is ISO do not certify any business or company. It simply lays out a number of requirements and guidelines to provide high standard products and services to the customers.
- So, the first and foremost thing you need to do while seeking ISO certification is to choose a certification body. It is important to note that the certification body you choose should use the relevant CASCO standard.
- BIS (Bureau Of Indian Standards) represents India in ISO. NABCB (National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies) is one of the accredited certification body in India which uses CASCO standard.
- After selecting the certification body, prepare your documentation. Documents (Quality Manual and a set of quality system procedures) should be in accordance with ISO and laid out International Standards. (You may need a consultant or quality manager for the task).
- Train and implement. After writing out your documents, make sure that all the procedures are implemented in your company and your employees get the required training. Training as to how they can work efficiently with keeping a check on quality. Everyone in your company should have a general idea about how ISO works and what is ISO Certification.
- After that set an ISO certification Audit. After a proper training and employees getting comfortable with the newly implemented quality system you need to get audited. You will be required to produce certain records and documents in accordance with training and implementation of new quality System. The Auditors will inspect all the records and the quality system, they will write major and minor nonconformance (if any) depending on the severity it may or may not stop your certification. that is why it is important to have a proper training session, only after which you will get your ISO Certification.
We at LegalRaasta can help you get your ISO Registration in a much quick and simple way. Finding Auditors, Consultants and Quality managers, finding a reliable Certification body, getting all the documents in order can be an overwhelming work, therefore to make that easy get yourself registered at LegalRaasta.