- If any schedule is not applicable or valid score across as “—NA—“.
- If any item is inapplicable/not pertinent to you, write “NA” against that item.
- Nil figures should be denoted by writing “Nil” against it.
- With the exception of as provided in the form, write “-” before a negative figure/ figure of loss.
- All figures shall be rounded off to the nearest one rupee. Although, the figures for total revenue/Income/ loss and tax payable should be rounded off to the nearest multiple of ten rupees.
Sequence for filling out parts and schedules
The Income Tax Department recommend assesses to follow the following sequence
- Part A
- Part B
Modes to file ITR-6 Form
This income tax return filing is required to be furnished electronically under digital signature to the Income Tax Department.
- By electronically furnishing the return using digital signature certificate.
- By sending the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Return Form ITR-V
No annexure required
While filing ITR-6, no document (including TDS certificate) should be attached with this return form. If all such documents enclosed with this Return Form are sent, then those documents first will be detached and returned to the person filing the return. It is advisable for taxpayers to match the taxes deducted/collected/paid by or on behalf of them with their Tax Credit Statement Form 26AS.
How to fill out the verification document?
- Fill the required particulars in the verification document. Strike out if a particular is not applicable. Ensure that the verification has been signed prior to furnishing the return. Also, mention the designation of the individual signing the return.
Bear in mind that any individual making a false statement in the return or the accompanying schedules shall be liable to be prosecuted under section 277 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 and on conviction be punishable with thorough imprisonment and fine under that section.
TaxRaahi is your online companion for TDS and to File ITR online at free of cost.