Shop Establishment Certificate
Ideal for shops and commercial establishments
Pricing for Delhi and Mumbai:Rs. 2,999 only(All Inclusive)
Pricing for other states: Rs. 5,499 only (All Inclusive)
Apply Shop act license through our online form
(Get Shop act license in 1-2 Working Day)
Shop Act License
Shop Establishment Certificate
When an entity starts to employ people may be as casual workers, full-time employees, contract-based etc to regulate the work conditions and ensure the workers’ rights are protected then there is a need to get Shop Establishment Certificate. It is also called Shop License informally.
The Shop Establishment registration is a state -based registration required while establishing a hotel, shop, or any commercial place. It is relevant for every new shop/establishment to get it registered under the Shops and Establishment Act. You can get a License within 30 days from the commencement of the work. The validity of Shop Establishment License is for one year and it can be renewed every year.
Hurry up! Apply today for Shop & Establishment registration online through Legal Raasta and enjoy the perks.
Who should have Shop & Establishment License
- Who is running a shop or having an office or place where they are carrying out business activity.
- Every entity who has an office (or branch) where any commercial activity is being carried out
Why shop establishment is mandatory to register?
Generally, individuals register under Shop & Establishment to open the current account with the bank as a bank does not allow to open a current account without at least two documentary proofs such as service tax registration, Import-export code and VAT registration etc. Apart from opening a bank account, it is more important to have this license otherwise inspector inspecting the business premises may cause unnecessary problems for the businessman.
Documents required for Shop and Establishment License
- Passport size photo of the applicant.
- Photo of the shop along with the owner.
- List of management employees and directors, if applicable.
- Details of the company, employees, and their wage rates
- Address proof of establishment
- Affidavit to be shared with the applicant
Information required before Shop & Establishment license
- Employer’s name and manager name.
- Postal address of the establishment.
- Name of the establishment.
- Establishment category of the restaurant, amusement park, hotel etc.
- The number of employees.
Advantages of the Shop & Establishment Registration
- It establishes a current account: It can help an individual to open the current account with the bank by getting this certificate from Chartered Accountant.
- Smooth inspector visits: Any inspector from the state government or local municipality visits the premises of your office, then you can easily flow from his trap as you are already registered.
- No Compliance: It does not require any compliance after registration. Hence, there will be only a one-time cost.
- Registrations: It is online and the whole process can be completed within two days only.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Procedure for Company Registration
Documents Required for Shop and Establishment Certificate
- Address Proof of Shop/Establishment
- Passport Size Photograph
- Copy of PAN Card
- Partnership Deed or COI
- Authorization letter/self attested letter for owner
- Challan/Payment Receipt/Transaction Receipt
Why Shop and Establishment Certificate
- Easy to obtain
- Minimal Compliances
- Audit not required
Frequently Asked Questions
Every business has to seek approval from the Department of Labour and keep up-to-date registers regarding details of employment, fines, deductions and advances, salary and holidays under the shop establishment act. Maybe the requirements vary from state to state but files related to annual holidays and number of employees need to be submitted to the office of the Municipal Corporation annually.
All shop and establishment need to register itself compulsorily under this act within 30 days of commencement of work. Many other licenses require this as proof of a commercial business as this is such a basic license. Mostly, the banks require you to furnish it if you want to open a current account. So, to get shop establishment license, you would need to provide the PAN card of the business owner or the business itself, a copy of the rental agreement or sale deed, and details of all the employees.