Conso file is a consolidated data of the statements that are processed (regular and correction) for the relevant financial year, quarter and the form type.
- Deductors have to furnish a quarterly TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)/TCS (Tax Collected at Source) statement as per the Income Tax Department guidelines.
- For any changes in the quarterly TDS/TCS statement, a correction statement can be furnished by the deductor.
- Correction statement is prepared on the latest statement details (accepted) at TIN (Tax Information Network) central system.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS statement is available for:
- File TDS/TCS statements pertaining to F.Y. 2005-06 onwards.
- TDS/TCS statements accepted at TIN central system.
- From F.Y. 2007-08, conso file is available on TRACES and the extension file in ‘TDS’ format.
Steps to download the conso file
- Login to TRACES as a Deductor.
- Submit the downloaded request for the consolidated file under, ‘request for consolidated file’ in ‘statements/Payments’ tab.
- The password for the consolidated file is TANRequest Number in capital letters.
- In case, an error message appears, then again request for downloading the consolidated file.
- Fill the following details required:
- 15-digit Token Number (earlier referred to as Provisional Receipt Number) of regular statement
- Form number
- Relevant Quarter
- Relevant Financial Year
- On successful confirmation of the above details, a window will appear asking for the verification.
- Complete the verification procedure by providing the details of challan/transfer voucher and/or deducted/collected details.
- For verification, latest details like taking into account the accepted correction statement(s) (if any), should be provided.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS statement is available if the correct details are provided to the verifications questions.
- 5 attempts within a day are provided to correctly answer the verification questions for the statement required.
- On successful verification, a request number is generated and the consolidated TDS/TCS statement is e-mailed to the user within 24 hours on the e-mail ID provided on TAN registration. A consolidated TDS/TCS file can also be downloaded
- In the case of a large number of records, the statment is split into multiple files due to the restriction on the email size and each file is sent by separate e-mails.
- If you receive the multiple split files for a single request, before extracting the content, merge all the split files. Files can be merged by using File Merge Utility available at TIN website under the ‘TAN Registration’ option in the download section.
- Consolidated TDS/TCS file provided is password protected in a compressed form. Contents of the file can be extracted, using a compression utility as below:
- WinZip version 9.0 or above
- WinRAR version 3.9 or above
Thus, a consolidated file is a very important for filing the correction statement. It is impossible to file the revised return without the consolidated FUV (File Validation Utility). It enables the accuracy but is not available in case of filing a physical return.
In case you are confused about TDS Return Filing as a deductor, feel free to consult the experts at LegalRaasta. You can get comprehensive assistance with our TDS Return Filing Software which supports TDS on Salary payments (Form 24Q), Rent, Interest, Commission and other Non-salary transactions (Form 26Q), NRI (Form 27Q)and TCS (Form 27EQ).