FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who must obtain Import Export Code Registration?
– Any person who intends to import or export goods and services from or to India must obtain Import export Code.
2. Is there any tax levied on Import Export Code?
– No, tax is not levied on Import Export Code. However, custom duty maybe levied.
3. What is the time taken to acquire Import Export Code?
– After submitting all the requisite documents it will be allotted by DGFT in 10-15 days.
4. Are any monthly returns required to be filed under Import Export Code?
– It is only a license permitting the import and export of goods. Therefore, no return is required to be filed under IEC code.