FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a Trademark Class?
– The Trademark Registry has classified goods and services under 45 classes. Your application must mention the class/classes of the goods/services. The trademark would be registered under those classes only.
2. What is the validity of a Trademark?
– It is valid for 10 years at a time and is renewable indefinitely.
3. When can I use™ with my Trademark?
– TM mark can be used with trademark after allotment of TMR number from the government..
4. What is the difference between a Trademark and a Copyright?
– A trademark is a mark given to a brand to protect the brand name, Logo or Slogan. A copyright is a Protection given to unique content such as books, music, videos, songs or even software.
5. Will my Trademark registration be valid across the world?
– The trademark registered under Trademark Act 2000 will be valid only in India. However in some countries trademark registered in India can be used as a base for registering trademark in that country.
6. If Company Name is already registered under the Companies Act,do i still need trademark registration for my company name?
– Registrations of Company Names, Business Names or Domain Names do not provide ownership or a monopoly right in a name as do trademark registrations.