1. For what can copyrights be obtained?
You can get a copyright for any unique and creative content. This could range from design, sketch, painting, song recording, music video, movie file, poem, book or even a short story.
2. What is the validity of a copyright?
Copyright protection typically lasts for 60 years. In the case of original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works the 60-year period is counted from the year following the death of the author. In the case of cinematographic films, sound recordings, photographs, anonymous and pseudonymous publications, works of government and works of international organisations, the 60-year period is counted from the date of publication.
3. Who can apply for copyright registration?
Any person claiming to be the owner of the work to be copyrighted can apply for copyright registration. The person can be an individual, company, NGO or any other.
4. What is difference between a Trademark and a Copyright?
A trademark is a mark given to a brand to protect the brand name, Logo or Slogan. A copyright is a Protection given to unique content such as books, music, videos, songs or even software.
5. What are the documents required to register copyright?
A copy of the work needs to be provided along with the address and identity proof of the owner is required. For a company, the name of the company along with its Certificate of Incorporation and Address proof is required.
6. Will my Copyright registration be valid across the world ?
A copyright is valid in India. However, if you have filed a copyright in India, you can use this as evidence before any government to prove that you were using the copyrighted content first.
7. What is difference between Patent and Copyright?
A copyright is given to content, while a patent is given to an invention.
8. Can I sell or Transfer Copyright Registration?
A copyright registration is an intellectual property, which can be sold, transferred, gifted and franchised. Copyright registration gives the owner of the work ownership over the work and any person wishing to use the work must obtain the registered copyright owners consent.
9. Is copyright applicable for all products?
No. Copyright is applicable for only unique content. The content can be book, song, film, software, fashion designs.
10. Who can apply for copyright?
Whosoever has worked on unique content or produced some unique content, song, or any data can apply for copyright registration in India.
11. Can I register my name or title?
NO you cannot register your name or title. Name or titles can only get trademark registration.
12. After applying for copyright, if someone uses my content?
You can send him/her a legal notice regarding the same. But if no action is taken from second party then you can file a case against him/her and sue them in court.
13. Is there any search engine or way to search about registered copyright?
Unfortunately there is no way to do so. The only way out of this is to do proper research work on Google. But do not limit to google, expand your research sources.
14. How can get your website copyright through Legalraasta?
With the online boom, a lot of ecommerce / online companies are going for website copyright. You can either apply for it yourself or take help from Legalraasta. LegalRaasta helps you get website copyright while relaxing at home. To get your website copyright from Legalraasta, you need to just go to our website www.legalraasta.com and select the option copyright registration.
- Fill in our simple questionnaire.
- You will then receive an email from us with the next steps and documents required.
- You need to share snapshots of all the website pages with us. You can also share the code files if you want to get that copyrighted (optional). LegalRaasta will ensure security of the website code shared with us.
We shall first file your website copyright application & then in case of any objection, we shall reply to the same.
15. In which cities does LegalRaasta provide Copyright registration?
LegalRaasta provides Copyright application services across India in all cities. We have done Copyright registration in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur and other Indian cities.