1. What is the minimum number of Partners required to start a Limited Liability Partnership?
At least two partners are required for LLP registration. The maximum partners can be 200. If you are the sole owner, you can register as a One Person Company.
2. Who can become a partner in LLP?
Any individual/organisation can become the partner in LLP including foreigners/NRI’s. However, the individual must 18+ above in terms of age and should have a valid PAN card.
3. Do I have to be available in person to incorporate an LLP?
Our procedure is 100% online which means there is no compulsion for you to be present at our office physically. A scanned copy of documents can be sent to us via mail, and we will handle the rest. You will get the company incorporation certificate from MCA via courier at your business address.
4. Once I pay for the incorporation, is there any other payment before I get the Incorporation Certificate?
We do not have any hidden charges. Our system is quite transparent. After making your payment, we will send you an invoice that is all-inclusive, with no hidden charges. Our team provides you support till you get your LLP bank account.
5. How much money do I need to invest upfront in starting the business?
You need to have a bank account with a minimum balance, which could be as little as Rs. 5000. You need not invest any more capital in starting the business. You needn’t even deposit this amount to the bank. You can also show that the capital has been utilised as the pre-incorporation expenses of LLP e.g, LLP registration expenses. You can also show this capital has been infused in form of assets such as computers etc.
6. Can NRIs/Foreign Nationals be a Designated Partner in LLP?
Yes, but only after he has been assigned with DIN/DPIN. However, at least one designated partner in LLP must be a Resident of India. In fact, the foreign director can also be a majority shareholder in the company
7. Can I register the LLP at my home address?
Yes, you can register your LLP at your residential address. It is perfectly legal to start the company at your home or in your garage. MCA team typically doesn’t visit your office. You just have to provide your home address proof such as rent agreement or electricity bill.
8. Can a Salaried working person also become a partner in an LLP?
Yes, you as a salaried person can become a partner in an LLP. You need to check your employment agreement if that allows for such provisions. In most, cases employers are comfortable with the fact that their employee is a director in another company.
9. Can I convert my Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) in a Private Limited company?
No, you can’t convert your LLP into a Private Limited Company as it is not MCA. Both the LLP Act, 2008 and the Companies Act, 2013 don’t have any provisions on conversion of LLP in a private limited company. However, if you want to expand your business you can register a new Private Limited Company with the same name as that of the LLP. The LLP company just needs to issue a no objection certificate.
10. In which cities does LegalRaasta provide LLP formation services?
LegalRaasta provides LLP incorporation services across India in all cities. We have done LLP registration in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur and other Indian cities.