FSSAI Food License
Online Application process. Just fill our FSSAI form.
Get any of 3 types of FSSAI registration
Basic Registration : For Sales <10 lakh/year
State Registration : For Sales of 10 lakh – 2 Crore/year
Central Registration : For Sales > 2 Crore/year
FSSAI application code in 7 days & license in 60 days
Meaning of FSSAI
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was introduced by the in 2006. FSSAI is a legal authority that offers a food licence to all food business in India. FSSAI is in fully responsible for establishing the standard, principles and controls for the benefit of food businesses in India. The food business is expected to follow all the rules and regulation of FSSAI. This licence verifies that food business run with validated licence and quality check.
Not only this but FSSAI is accountable for protecting and promoting public health by the management and supervision of food safety. So, its registration or licencing is very important for the food business.
FSSAI Registration is obligatory to process and ensure the security of food products and it is essentially a food safety certificate circulated by the food authority in India. FSSAI marks businesses compliant with the laws of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants, grocery shops, importers and exporters etc are included in the food business and must enrol a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
Food License registration has grown to be remarkably significant for businesses. Even the food distributors and food delivery mobile applications Swiggy, Zomato, foodpanda and uber eats have a fssai license mentioned on their apps with the hygienics grade of the restaurant and are further selected for delivering.
This step is taken to assure that food products undergo specific quality checks, thereby decreasing the cases of adulteration, substandard products. Also, update the responsibility of manufacturers by circulating a food service license.FSSAI online registration is done through Legalraasta for basic and central level. For state, the Fssai registration is done by offline mode.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Procedure For Online FSSAI Registration
Functions Of FSSAI
- FSSAI was incorporated to promote food safety. For the purpose, it has set some standards for the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food items. All these standards have been examined and have the back-up of science.
- FSSAI was formulated with a concept to assure that the food item is adulteration-free and healthy to consume.
- FSSAI also fixes up the formulation and implementation of various safety standards for food, required when all processes, starting from manufacturing, production, transporting, packaging or re-packaging, shipping, retailing etc.
- FSSAI, as approved by the Food Safety and Security Act of 2006, has to control and frame the system to monitor the FBO. It sets up the guidelines for examining food in India, and a standardized system to be obeyed by the laboratories.
- They are accessible in collecting and analyzing data linked to contamination and risks. Assist in spreading general awareness about safe food habits and nutrition over the general public.
Documents required to obtain FSSAI License
How To Apply For FSSAI Registration
Fssai Licence Registration can be easily applied online. But you will require an expert to complete the application procedure. Read out the following points for processing of FSSAI Application :
- FSSAI registration procedure is begun by submitting Form Aof application to food and security office.
- This application can be approved or it might be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date. The reason must be informed to the applicant marked as a hard copy.
- On the off chance that the application is approved, at that point, the division will allow a registration authentication with the enrollment number and the photograph of the applicant.
Types of FSSAI License
Businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply for food licence of different types based on turnover, scale of business and the type of activity. Such businesses must apply for either of the licenses (central or state) or simple registration. The criteria specified in rules are as follows:
FSSAI Basic registration
This is required for small business or startups which have annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. Basic registration can be upgraded to state license as your sales graph increases.
FSSAI State license
This license is applicable to mid-sized companies which have annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores.
FSSAI Central license
This license is applicable typically on large business with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products.
Privileges of applying for Fssai Registration
Fssai has been authorised with the support of the food safety and standards act which is an integrating enactment linked to food security and regulation in India.
- The fssai food license assists you to build your status and also eligibility to develop business on a successful track.
- The fssai registration initiates a simpler way to acquire bank loans and funds which is needed for development.
- The fssai renders licence number and Logo for intensify the brand vision of the product in the market.
- It makes the customer stay observant and informed in concern with the essence and quality of the food and which will be stable and healthy for consumption.
FSSAI Registration Forms
FSSAI requires applications for Food License depends upon FORM A and FORM B. These forms filling will depend upon your annually turnover. They must be filled and submitted.
- FSSAI Registration Form A
FSSAI Registration Form A- LegalRaasta– Show up
The Fassi Registration Form A is required to be submitted and documented when Food Business Operator has an annual turnover within Rs.12 Lakh.
- FSSAI Registration Form B
- In the case of State FSSAI LicenceForm B is recorded when the FBO’s turnover is within Rs. 20 crore. The place of selling activity is limited to the state as it were and is provided by the Government of state.
- In the case of Central FSSAI LicenseForm B is recorded when the FBO’s turnover is more than Rs. 20 crore. It is provided by the Central Government of India.
Validity Time For FSSAI Licence
FSSAI license validity stretches out from 1 to 5 years. According to the FSSAI rules, the food business operator requires to appeal for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it should be made before its expiry. Any FSSAI renewal application filed exceeding the expiry date is required to pay a late fee of Rs. 100 per day for each day of delay. So, it’s essential to all food business operators to track and assure that the FSSAI license is valid at every time.
FSSAI Renewal Licence
The food license allotted has a validity of one year and can be increased to a maximum of 5 years by the food regulatory body. The moment license validity gets expired the food business operator becomes liable for a food license renewal. The fssai renewal system is manageable and should be taken into the account as soon as possible to avoid penalties. Fssai has allotted the guideline that in 30 days and before the expiry of the licence the food safety registration has to get renewed.
- Form A or B, as required
- Declaration by the Proprietor or Director, that they will comply with the updated Rules and Regulations under FSSAI
- Photo ID proof of the Proprietor or Director
FSSAI officials will check the details given in the application form. They might even visit and conduct an inquiry of the premises and examine the machinery & equipment. They will monitor the performance and validity of the Food Safety Management System, whether it has not become out-of-date. They will investigate that the documents and details given in the form are official or not.
Renewal of your Food License
If the FSSAI officials are satisfied with their inquiries. And see that the guidelines of the FSSAI are being adopted thoroughly. Your FSSAI License will get renewed. Again, the maximum period it would be valid for is 5 years.
Results of Non-renewal of Fssai License
In accordance with the food safety and standard act of 2006, the fssai registration of the food business is compulsory. The fssai demands to the food business operators for applying a renewal of the licence within 30 days before the original licence gets expired. The food business operators have to pay a per-day penalty if they neglect the application of renewal of the licence and forgets to submit within the specified time period. Moreover, fssai has the power to consider a licence expired and this will defame the reputation of the food business operator in the aspects of law and the FBO might have to appeal for a new licence. The new licence cost more than the renewal process. So, it’s better to take the renewal process seriously and sincerely.
Points To Remember For FSSAI Licence Renewal
Food License or Restaurant License is the legal authority that is necessary for all FBOs.
- The Name specified in the Application Form (A or B) will be the name in the Food License. So make sure it is accurately spelt.
- Specify the mobile number and E-mail ID that are active and in use.
- Following to submission of the application, a unique reference ID will be formed. This ID will be used in all additional processes for getting the food license.
- If the operations of the FBO, e.g. a restaurant increase beyond one state, a Central FSSAI license has to be obtained for the main Branch/Head Office. And a State License for every branch.
- A single unit requires to get a single Food License only. Whether it is handling or producing several varieties or multiple processes. Just make sure that the Form (A or B) mentions all the Food Items and the Processes.
- A Central License has to be obtained by importers on their Import Export Code (IEC) address.
- The Food License issued to the FBO will be placed in the Renewal Bin before 120 days of expiry. FBOs need to apply for renewal when their license shows up in the renewal bin.
- If there is a rising of delay, a punishment of ₹ 100/day will be charged on the FBO.
- Non – Renewal of the food license could lead a punishment or to pay a huge amount of fine.
- Food business operators must apply for Food license renewal within 120 days before the licence expiry.
WHAT IS FLRS?
FSSAI has introduced an online application that is named as FLRS. It is a ‘Food Licensing and Registration System’- verifies for the eligibility of food-related business based on their business area and the kind of procedure recognised with the business person.
This system is introduced for business visionaries linking to food can apply online for the FSSAI licence. The FLRS is used by 5 Reginal Offices of FSSAI that are in New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Kerela.
Guidelines On FSSAI Licence Number
- The FSSAI logo and FSSAI license number are always mentioned on the label of the food package in inverse colour to the background.
- In the case of various units manufacturer or packer, the FSSAI logo and license number of the brand owner must be mentioned on the label of the food package. The addresses of the various units on the label must carry the FSSAI license number.
- In the case of imported food products, the importer must show the FSSAI logo and FSSAI license number with the name and address of the importer. These may both be pre-printed on the label or attached by a sticker before customs clearance.
- The height of letters and numeral of license number shall be as directed in 2.3.3 of Food Safety and Standards i.e Packaging and Labeling Regulation, 2011.
- The Regulation 2.6.1 of Food Safety and Standards is relevant to present of FSSAI License number and logo.
- The image of FSSAI logo on the label of the food product is not a mark of certification but it implies that the FBO includes a valid license under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
Eligibility Rules for Certificate of FSSAI
The state food authorities and standard authority of India are working together for the enactment and execution of FSSAI. The food safety license is circulated by the food and safety department. The prime concern of the food business operator is to measures the scale of operation for providing food security and licence. The fssai registration has been classified into three sections as per observing the turnover of the food operator.
- Central FSSAI License
Central FSSAI license is circulated by the fssai Regional Offices which are running over the nation. This FSSAI license can be assigned and restored for a duration of 1 – 5 years. The central fssai Licence is the greatest section of the food licence that can be procured for business. The food business operators who are qualified for this central license are listed below.
- The processing unit of Vegetable oil.
- The Restaurants are eligible for central food licensing. Food processing and administrating chains with various branches across several states have to reach the Central fssai licence for the main branch or head office.
- The 5 Star Hotels and higher rating hotels.
- The food Catering services established at airports and seaports.
- The Refrigerated storages containing a volume of 10,000 or more
In extension, there is a plan which places under the foundation for the eligibility rules for the food license in accordance with the annual turnover of the business.
- Central License Form B- Exceeding Rs.20 crores
- State License Form B- 12 lakhs to 20 crores
- Registration of Form A- Up to 12 Lakhs
- Basic FSSAI Registration
The FSSAI basic registration appeals to everyone who is concerned with food business operation activities.
The basic fssai registration appeal can be made by the business who has a yearly turnover of ₹ 12 lakhs or less.
- State FSSAI License
The food business operator with the following business activities can appeal for state fssai certificate.
- Proprietary foods.
- The restaurants and hotels
- Dairy units which include milk chilling units provided to manage and processing of the units.
- The slaughtering units and meat processing
Why There Is a Need To Register For FSSAI Licence?
It has been made mandatory by the FSSAI department for all the food business operators in India to get an FSSAI license to establish their business in India. All the FBOs must get a 14 digit FSSAI License number and print it on the food packages. To overcome the adulteration in the food and poor products, FSSAI has addressed it compulsory to get this license.
FSSAI monitors for food licence of food business operators on a casual basis and practices severe actions over those businesses whose licences have expired or not having an FSSAI license.
There is a huge degree of consumer trust in the safety and quality of food. It serves to promote innovation in foods products. It helps in the elimination of various regulations and promotes trade without compromising consumer safety and a greater percentage.
How can LegalRaasta assist you in FSSAI Food License?
LegalRaasta gives an end-to-end service for food licensing and FSSAI registration. Our commitment to every FBOs is:
- FSSAI Registration at the shortest time frame
- General advice with FSSAI online application filling
- Guidance on choosing the right food license type
- Hand-holding by the complete registration process
- The solution to all your questions and concerns of FSSAI registration
Guidelines on FSSAI License Number
- The 14-digit number provides information about the manufacturer’s license or registration details and the manufacturing state which will be called as fssai no.
- The Brand owner shall display the FSSAI logo and his license number on the label of food package.
- In case of imported food products, the importer shall display FSSAI logo and license number along with the name and address of importer on a sticker to be affixed before customs clearance.
Additional documents for Manufacturer
Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
List of Equipment and Machinery
List of food category desired to be manufactured
Pesticide residues report of water
Pesticide residues report of water
Steps for getting the FSSAI license
One can file the FSSAI application directly with the government. The process is long and requires 60 days to get completed :
Step 1 :
Fill FSSAI licensing registration form A on FSSAI website and make the payment for FSSAI application at the FBO nearby your locality.
Step 2 :
Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. There are multiple declarations and resolutions that need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
Step 3 :
You will then need to follow-up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits – if you fail to respond with 15 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
Step 4 :
The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same. Else, you can hire LegalRaasta for getting the FSSAI license for you. We get license issued in 98% of our cases and save our customers from all the government hassles.In certain situations, customer might need to visit the Food department or pay additional fees to the inspector
Frequently Asked Questions
The fssai function is to observe the secure creation and formation of food products along with this it also administers the efficiency of the food products.
• Fssai Central License – turnover exceeding Rs.20 crores.
• Fssai State License – turnover 12 lakhs to 20 crores.
• Fssai Registration – turnover Up to 12 Lakhs.
• Visit Legalraasta website. Go to the Registration column and then look for a food licence. The 1st option in that portion is Fssai licence. Click that
• Fill the details like full name mobile number mentioned on the page.
• Submit your documents by Email.
• The documents will be checked and queries will be settled within 2 working days.
• The candidate will receive the document in 7 working days.
• The basic FSSAI license will be given in 7 working days.
• State license and Central license will be enrolled in 30 days.
• Step 1- Consultation and Documentation
Our FSSAI specialist assists you with the kind of Registration, Eligibility and Documentation processing. This will take 1-2 days.
• Step 2- Application Filing and Approval
You sit back and Focus on your business. We will strive carefully on your application and will be provided registration as soon as possible. It will take 3-4 days.
• Step 3- Licence Delivery
Digital and hard copy license are delivered to your place with 5-7 working days.
• Identification proof (voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
• PAN Card
• Address Proof which can be an Electricity or Gas Bill or mobile/Landline bill
• Copy of Property papers (if owned)
• Copy of Rent Agreement along with the NOC. A letter from the Landlord if you are on rent.
3. Partial Compliance
4. Not Applicable/ Not Observed (NA)
• Food Adulteration
• Food poisoning
• Food contaminations
• Misleading labelling and packaging
• Misleading Ads
• Licensing and registration-related complaints
• Artificial products
• Sub-standard quality of food products
This would contain the area to be amended and the guidelines to be followed. A particular time frame is also provided, within which the FBO needs to improve its working.
If the directions are still not followed, and the areas not rectified, within the given timeline, the Official may suspend the Food License.