1. What is Trademark Class?
The Trademark Registry has classified goods and services under 45 classes. Your application must mention the class/classes of the goods/services. The trademark would be registered under those classes only.
2. What is the validity of a Trademark?
It is valid for 10 years at a time and is renewable indefinitely.
3. When can I use™ with my Trademark?
TM mark can be used with trademark after allotment of TMR number from the government.
4. What is difference between Trademark and Copyright?
A trademark is a mark given to a brand to protect the brand name, Logo or Slogan. A copyright is a Protection given to unique content such as books, music, videos, songs or even Softwares.
5. What are the documents required for Trademark Registration in India?
For an individual applicant, identity proof is required for trademark registration in India. If the applicant is company then company incorporation documents or similar other documents are required.
6. Will my Trademark registration be valid across the world?
The trademark registered under Trademark Act 2000 will be valid only in India. However, in some countries trademark registered in India can be used as a base for registering a trademark in that country.
7. If Company Name is already registered under the Companies Act, do I still need trademark registration for my company name?
Registrations of Company Names, Business Names or Domain Names do not provide ownership or a monopoly right in a name as do trademark registrations.