FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is Annual Return?
– Annual return is a mandatory filing to be made by all LLPs in India. The Annual return along with the required documents must be filed with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
2. What is the Statement of Accounts and Solvency?
– The Statement of Accounts and Solvency is a mandatory filing that is required for all LLPs in India. The Statement of Accounts and Solvency contains a declaration on the state of solvency of the LLP by the designated partners and also information related to the statement of assets and liabilities and statement of income and expenditure of the LLP.
3. What is the due date for filing LLP Annual Return?
– The Annual return of an LLP is due within 60 days of close of financial year. Annual return of an LLP is due on or before May 30th of each financial year.
4. What is the penalty for not filing LLP Annual Return?
– Late filing or non-filing of LLP Annual Return or Statement of Accounts and Solvency before the due date will attract a penalty of Rs.100 for each day of default.