1. How much time does the application process ordinarily take?
It typically takes 8 days. In case, documents are incomplete and erroneous, it may take more time.
2.What to do if, I am denied a license by the Commission?
If the license is denied by the commission, then you may appeal to standing committee by delivering the denied letter.
3. If I don’t get my Trade License, what will be the outcome?
According to the Act, running an unapproved Trade is an offense. The concerned authorities may seize or lock your Trade business with or without prior intimation.
4. My Trade License has lapsed three months back. What would be a good idea for me to do?
Fill the Renewal Form. Pay the renewal charges with half fine.
5. My license has lapsed over a year back, what would be a good idea for me to do?
Give the reason behind why you have not renewed your license. Fill the due fees alongside fine, the present year fees and afterwards start your business.
6. Can license holder's proxy renew the license, In case the he is unable to come for renewal?
The appropriately approved manager or agents may be permitted where there are no complaints by his business. In the event that there is any complaint, proprietor must go for compliance and also renewal.
7. My dad/uncle/spouse/relative was a license holder. He is deceased and now the permit is in my ownership. What would it be a good idea for me to do?
On the off chance that the license holder is deceased, one legal heir can transfer to his/her name with procedure. (By delivering legal heir documents and no-complaint letter is issued from other heirs).
8.When does the License suspension/revocation can happen?
In the case, that the license holder is violating the license conditions and disturbance to neighbors or environment.
9. Who is the contact officer, if I have inquiries in regards to my Trade License?
Health Inspector of the concerned ward and Zonal Chief Officer is the contact Officer for license enquiry.
10. What is period for license renewal?
Renewal period is from January first to March 31st of every year.