Basically, a trademark is a “brand” or “logo” that you can use to distinguish your product from those of your competitors. Through trademark registration, you can protect your brand or logo by restricting other people from using the same. For e.g. the logo of NIKE and their tagline JUST DO IT is a registered trademark. It provides them protection as it is illegal to use the same logo or tagline.
A registered trademark is an intangible asset for a business and is used to protect the company’s investment in the brand or symbol. TM number is assigned within a period of three days by Trademark department but it takes almost two years for it to be registered so that you can use to use ® symbol with your brand name. It is always advised to get trademark registration because getting your company registered will not protect your brand against those who might initiate using identical or similar marks.
Trademark Registration is done through LegalRaasta can be done through Legalraasta in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai & all other Indian cities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR PACKAGE?
Name search & approval
Same day Filing
|Trademark Registration||Rs. 1499||Rs. 1999|
|Government Fees||Rs 5,000||Rs 10,000|
|Service Tax||Rs 225||Rs 300|
|Total Cost||Rs 6,725||Rs 12,299|
WHAT CAN BE TRADEMARKED?
1. Name: A name including personal or surname of the applicant or predecessor in business or the signature of the person e.g, the name Dhirubai Ambani can be trademarked
2. Word: A word which is not being directly descriptive of the character or quality of the goods / service. For example Google is a word which has been trademarked
3. Numbers: Alphanumeric or Letters or numerals or any combination thereof. For example 555 brand
4. Image: Image, symbol, monograms, 3-dimensional shapes, letters etc. For example the tick in Nike logo
5. Sound: Sound marks in audio format. For ex the sound in the ad jingle
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A TRADEMARK?
Any person or business claiming to be owner can apply for a trademark including:
It is preferable that you apply for the trademark as an individual. In a case of a proprietor or company, if you close or change the name of the business, your trademark will become invalid. However, in a case of individual, this problem won’t arise.