Society Registration Process
The process of NGO registration as a society in India, is governed under the regulations of the Socities Registration Act of 1860. The registration/constituion of a Society NGO in India reqquires two major things
- Memorandum of Association
- Regulations and Rules of the Society
In order to form the Memorandum you will need to fill out the 5 clauses of the Memorandum of the Society.
- Name Clause
- Domicile Clause
- Objects Clause
- Liability Clause
- Capital Clause
- Subscription Clause
For setting the rules and regulations of the company, your formulation should answer the following important questions:
- How do you become a member and subscribe to society?
- What rules are applicable to society and it’s members?
- How are the meetings organized?
- How is the governing body of the society formed?
- When and how will the auditors of the society be appointed?
- How will legal matters be settled?