FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a patent?
– A patent is an absolute right given for an invention. In a nutshell, it is an absolute right to a product or a process that usually provides an innovative way of conducting something or offers a new technical solution to an issue. In order to get a patent, the technical information of the invention must be open to the public in a patent application.
2. What kinds of inventions can be protected?
– Patents may be granted for inventions in fields of technology, from a nanotechnology chip to an everyday kitchen utensil. An invention can be a product – like a chemical compound, or a process for the production of a chemical compound. Also, many of the products, in fact, contain in themselves a number of inventions. For instance: a laptop computer can involve hundreds of inventions when working together.
3. How long does patent protection last?
– Patent protection is granted for a specified period, usually, from the filing date of the application till next 20 years.
4. How much time will a patent search require?
-Once you have provided us with all the details regarding your product or design, a patent search shall take a maximum of 5 working days time.