1. How do you get MSME Registration?
– Although, there is no compulsion to get MSME registration but is always advised to do so as it provides lots of benefits to the enterprises registered under MSME Act. It will save you from a lot of inconveniences later on. After assigning you the Provisional MSME Certificate and you can begin with your production and even apply for a Permanent Certificate which will add more advantages for you. Always apply for provisional registration at an initial stage of the business.
2. Is SSI/MSME Registration voluntary or mandatory?
– As said above, SSI/MSME registration is totally voluntary. Businessmen and entrepreneurs usually get this done to utilise the advantages offered under it. The registration process is quite easy and simple. You can easily avail it (provided you have a manufacturing plant or a commercial space where you render services), many businesses opt for it over other registrations.
3. Why should I apply before commencing operations?
– It is advisable to get a Provisional SSI Registration Certificate (PRC) before starting your operation in your enterprise. The PRC will work smoothly for you and will help you out with particular NOCs and clearances from regulatory bodies.
4. What documents are required for the application?
-If your business or enterprise is listed under Schedule –III of Industrial Licensing Exemption Notification, then you can easily apply for PRC without an industrial license. Other units must first acquire an industrial license. All the clearances should be obtained by enterprise whether it be statutory or administrative. For example, a drug license under the drug control order, if required. The PRC is issued based on the application form. No field enquiry is made.
5. For how long is an MSME Provisional Registration Certificate (PRC) valid?
– The validation of a PRC is for 5 years and if the unit is still not under operational then you may still re-apply for it. As soon as you start with your operations, you can easily apply for the Permanent License.
6. How does SSI/MSME help me get a loan from a bank?
– MSMEs are recognised by all the institutions and banks. Special schemes are drafted to recognise them as well. Banks prefer MSMEs instead of normal enterprises to lend loans. The possibility of getting a sanctioned loan is much higher in a case of MSME. Bank loan interest rates will also be lower. There may also be preferential treatment in case of delay in repayment.
7. What benefits are given to MSME by state and central government?
– Many state government prefers enterprises which are registered under MSMED Act. Subsidy such as on power, taxes, and much more is offered by state governments. In most of the states, sales tax exemption is provided purchase preferences is given on goods produced. The enterprise may also relish excise exemption scheme and exemption from certain direct taxes in the initial years of your business.
8. How is the value of plant and machinery computed for SSI registration?
– While computing the value of Plant and Machinery, only original value is asked to be taken into account as per the MSME notification.
9. What is the support available for collateral free borrowing?
– Certain trust such as Credit Guarantee Fund Trust has been set up by Ministry of MSME, Government of India and SIDBI, so that there won’t be any breakage in the flow of credit to the MSE sector without any interference from the third party. The scheme is solidified on the basis that the lender should give importance to project viability and secure the credit facility purely on the primary security of the assets financed.
Cluster based approach to lending is intended to provide a full-service approach to cater to the diverse needs of the MSE sector which may be achieved through extending banking services to recognised MSE clusters.
The banks have, therefore, been advised to treat it as a thrust area and increasingly adopt the same for SME financing. Banks are always asked to take appropriate steps so that the flow of credit is smoothly done to the identified clusters of micro and small entrepreneurs from the Minorities Communities residing in the minority concentrated districts of the country.
The CGTMSE would provide cover for credit facility up to Rs. 100 lakh which have been extended by lending institutions without any collateral security. A nominal annual fee is charged by the CGTMSE to avail of the guarantee cover.
10. What is credit rating and why is it mandatory?
– Credit rating is an estimate to figure out the capability of an enterprise to meet all the financial needs based on the previous year dealings. Although credit rating is not compulsive but it is in the interest of the MSE borrowers to get their credit rating done as it would help in credit pricing of the loans taken by them from banks.
11. In which cities does LegalRaasta provide MSME registration?
– LegalRaasta provides MSME application services across India in all cities. We have done MSME registration in Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur and other Indian cities.
12. When I will get my SSI Liscense?
– If you are currently running small-scale industries(SSI) in India then you need to get the registration of SSI to avoid future conflicts. There is no such term as SSI License. Once you will be done with your SSI Registration, then you will get an SSI certificate which would be valid for any small scale industry runner.