Register for GST online for Free* and stay ahead on GST Compliance!
GST is a tax registration mandatory for all businesses in India meeting ANY of these conditions:
- Annual Sales greater than Rs. 20 Lakh
- Making sales outside your own state
- E-commerce Seller
Also See :
What is GST Registration?
GST refers to Goods and Services Tax which subsumes all taxes such as Sales tax, Service tax, Excise duty etc. into GST. GST registration is required primarily if your annual sales are more than Rs. 20 Lakh. Even if your sales are less than Rs. 20 Lakh, we suggest that you voluntarily opt for GST registration because:
- You will not get any tax refunds on purchases (e.g. if you buy goods worth Rs 1 lakh in a year, and tax rate is 28% – you will lose tax refund of Rs. 28,000).
- You cannot sell outside your state
GST registration typically takes between 2-6 working days. You need to file your application with the department and sign it with your digital signature. GST Registration can be done through LegalRaasta in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and other Indian cities.
Who all need GST Registration?
The registration in GST is PAN based and State specific. Supplier has to register in each such State or Union territory from where he effects supply if he fulfills any of the following conditions:
- Having an annual aggregate turnover from all-India operations which is above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States).
- Currently registered under any of the earlier indirect tax regimes (VAT, Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws) irrespective of the threshold limit.
- Having branches in multiple states or multiple business verticals in one state.
- Making any supply to other states.
- Required to pay tax under Reverse Charge (In case your supplier is not registered under GST).
- Required to deduct tax at source or an Input Service Distributor.
- Agents of a supplier.
- Supplying goods or services through E-commerce Operator.
- E-commerce Operator / Aggregator who supplies goods or services under his brand name (e.g. Flipkart, Amazon, Ola).
- Supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
Benefits of Registration under GST
GST Registration will give the following advantages to a taxpayer.
- He is authorized to collect taxes from his customers and pass on the credit of the taxes paid to them.
- He can claim Input Tax Credit of taxes paid to his suppliers and can utilize the same for payment of taxes due
- Seamless flow of Input Tax Credit from suppliers to recipients at the national level.
Procedure for GST registration
You can use LegalRaasta online GST registration services for which you just need to make online payment and we will take care of the rest.
What’s included in our package?
GST Registration Process (on Government Portal)
GST Registration will give the following advantages to a taxpayer.
- Go to the Government GST Portal and look for Registration Tab.
- Fill PAN, Mobile No., E-mail ID and State in Part-A of Form GST REG-01 of GST Registration.
- You will receive a temporary reference number on your Mobile and via E-mail after OTP verification.
- You will then need to fill Part-B of Form GST REG-01 duly signed (by DSC or EVC) and upload the required documents specified according to the business type.
- An acknowledgment will be generated in Form GST REG-02.
- In case of any information sought from you and intimated to you in Form GST REG-03, you may need to visit the department and clarify or produce the documents within 7 working days in Form GST REG-04.
- The office may also reject your application if they find any errors. You will be informed about this in Form GST REG-05.
- Finally, a certificate of registration in Finally, a certificate of registration will be issued to you by the department after verification and approval in Form GST REG-06.
Documents for Registration
- PAN Card of owner/ directors/ partners.
- Bill of Electricity/ Telephone, Rent Agreement or Letter of Consent (NOC).
- MOA/ AOA or Partnership Deed
- Letter of Authorisation for signatory.
- Bank statement/ Cancelled Cheque.
- Aadhaar Card of owners/ directors/ partners.
What is GSTIN?
- The first 2 digits of the 15 digit GSTIN will represent the state code. For example: 01 for Jammu and Kashmir, 02 for Himachal Pradesh, 03 for Punjab, etc.
- The next 10 digits will be the PAN of person or entity engaged in Business.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Supply agricultural produce from cultivation.
- Make only exempt supplies (Nil Rated or Non-Taxable supplies) of goods or services.
- Make supplies which are entirely covered under reverse charge.
- When the taxable person wishes to voluntarily cancel his GST registration.
- When the proper officer, on default by the taxable person, moves to cancel the GST registration on his own motion. This may be when the person is not doing business from his declared registered place of business or if he issues tax invoice without making the supply of goods or services.
- Legal name of the business.
- State of place of business or additional place of business.
This will be approved within the next 15 days.
- Taxable supplies including exports and inter-state supplies (excluding inward supplies on which tax is payable on reverse charge basis).
- Exempt supplies
It is to be checked for each PAN holding person or entity for supplies made on all-India basis.
- File summarized returns on a quarterly basis instead of multiple monthly returns.
- Pay tax only to a maximum of 2% for manufacturers, 5% for restaurant service sector and 1% for other suppliers.
- Cannot collect any tax from or issue tax invoice to customers.
- Cannot avail input tax credit.
- Deals only in intra-state supply of goods (or service of only restaurant sector).
- Does not supply goods that are not leviable to tax.
- Has an annual turnover below 75 lakhs in preceding financial year.
- Shall pay tax at normal rates in case he is liable under reverse charge mechanism.
- Not supplying through e-commerce operator.
- Not a manufacturer of – ice cream, pan masala or tobacco (and its substitutes).
- Migrated Taxpayers: Any taxpayer who has migrated from earlier laws and has been granted provisional registration certificate can file an application under Form GST CMP-01 and further details in Form GST CMP-03 within 30 days after 1st July 2017.
- New Taxpayers:Any person who is liable to register under GST Act after 1st July 2017 can file Form GST REG-01 and choose his option to pay composition amount in the New Registration application.
- Existing Taxpayers:Any taxpayer who is registered as normal tax payer under GST regime shall file an application under Form CMP-02 to opt for Composition Scheme at least 7 days prior to the commencement of financial year for which the option to pay tax under composition is exercised.
People using our services
What our Customers say?
I have used multiple offline & online CAs/ Lawyers. LegalRaasta clearly provided the best service and fast.
CEO, CaterWow Pvt. Ltd.
Their team helped me protect my brand with trademark registration. The service was swift and delivered at half the cost.
I will highly recommend LegalRaasta for startups given its quality support and speed. And all this comes at a economical price.