1. What records must be maintained at the registered office of the company?
All books of accounts shall be kept at the registered office of the company.But if they are kept at any other place, then company shall send a notice in writing to the registrar of that place.
2. Can I keep the registered office abroad?
No, the Registered Office of a Company or LLP must be in the State where the company was incorporated in India.
3. Can the registered office be the residence of one of the Directors?
Yes, the Registered Office of a Company or LLP can be the residence of one of the Directors or Managing Partners.
4. What is the procedure for changing the registered office of a company?
The procedure for changing the Registered Office of a Company will depend on the nature of the change of address. Change in Registered Office is classified mainly into three types :
Change of Registered Office within the same village/town/city.
Change of Registered Office within the same Registrar of Company (ROC) jurisdiction and,
Change of Registered Office of the Company from one ROC to another ROC jurisdiction.
Documents can be downloaded from ROC site.
5. When should be the ROC be intimated about the change in registered office?
ROC must be notified of the change in Registered Office by filing the appropriate documents within 30 days of change of Registered Office premises.