While planning to dive into the entrepreneurial world, your business plan, leverage options, organizational structure alone would not suffice you through. A comprehensive list of all legal obligations and compliances is what’s sure to give a smooth start to your venture. However, for all the Maharashtrians out there, there’s an addition to your license list, “The Gumasta License”.
Registration of Shops and Establishment is Mandatory under Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act. This Act enables the registration and obtaining the certificate from municipal Corporation for your newly set up shop or Business.
Gumasta license is basically a legal obligation governed by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment act. It gives you a certified authority to do your business through shop or business place. This license is mandatory for all either you’re a small trading business or a service provider.
Things to keep handy while getting yourself registered:
- PAN Card, which is the most important thing for any kind of Business registration in India
- An Address proof which can either be an electricity bill or an NOC from an owner or the sale deed copy, anything would do.
- Application letter in the prescribed format to the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Authority Letter for Business
- Form-A which is an application for Registration within 30days of starting any work to the inspector o the area
- Government Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm
- Partnership Deed
- Pan Card of the PARTNERSHIP Firm
- Partner’s ID Proof and address proof
- For a Private Limited company
- Memorandum and Article Of association
- Certificate Of incorporation
- Director’s ID and Address proof
Online Procedure for Gumasta License
- Start your process by following the link http://www.mcgm.gov.in
- Then hit the citizen service button and then switch to Shops and establishment tab.
- You will be directed to a new tab wherein you need to select “apply for registration “and then select “more” on the next page.
- Hop on to the very last option which is Shop and Establishment Registration wherein number of options will be presented to you.
- You are to select the “Add” option and fill up the form once again.
- After you’re done with entering the asked information, enter the Challan number so obtained upon payment of the relevant fees at the bank.
- Now that you’re almost done, click on “submit” button upon which A UTN will be generated by the system.
- Now print the form and take it to the Gumasta Office along with the relevant documents as are listed above.
How to check the status of your application?
Thanks to the tracking facility, that you can now trace the status of your application and get to know any mistakes on your part during the application process.
You may either choose to visit the nearest Citizen facility Centre or may opt to check the “status “facility available on the citizen portal in order to keep a close eye on your application. However, you need to keep your unique application number handy which is provided to you at the time of registration.
So early registration of your license is advised since these licenses are an important part and parcel of your business that not only guarantees a smooth operation of your concern but also determines the long terms survival and growth of your business. So to ensure that your newbie’s health is in a good standing, secure a Gumasta right away.
You can even apply for Gusmasta License with the help of experts at LegalRaasta. The process is quite simple and easy. It will surely save your time. You just need to visit us and fill a simple form which will update us with your basic information which will be required to file Gumasta License. Soon, our executive will get in touch with you regarding the documents submission. After submitting all the documents with us, now it’s our responsibility to help you with a license. You work is done! Now just have patience and wait for your license.