1. What is a Cosmetic in India?
According to the Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and rules, 1945, The term Cosmetic means any article intended to be rubbed, poured, sprinkled or sprayed on, or introduced into, or otherwise applied to, the human body or any part thereof for cleansing, promoting attractiveness, beautifying the appearance. It may also include any article intended for use as a component of cosmetic.
2. What will be the validity of Cosmetic license?
The validity of a cosmetic license is 3 years.
3. Is import cosmetic regulated in India?
Of course, import cosmetic is regulated in India under the provisions of Drugs and cosmetic act, 1940 and rules 1945.
4. For what purpose import of cosmetic is regulated in India?
Import of cosmetic needs to be regulated in India just to make sure that the quality of cosmetic is being imported into India and the safety of consumers using these cosmetics.
5. Can we get a copy of the Drugs and cosmetics act 1940 and rules 1945?
Yes, you can find the copy of the Drugs and cosmetic act, 1940 and rules 1945 on the CDSCO website.
6. What is Form 42?
It is an application for the grant of a registration certificate for the import of cosmetics into India as per the Drugs and cosmetic rules, 1945.
7. Where I have to submit the application for the registration of cosmetics for import into India?
You can submit the application regarding the same to the Drugs and Controller General (India), Central Drugs standard control organization (CDSCO) HQ, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Directorate General of health services, FDA Bhawan, ITO, Kotla Road, New Delhi-110002.
8. What is the regulatory authority which governs the regulations of import of cosmetics in India?
Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO)HQ, Drugs Controller General (India), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Directorate General of Health Services, FDA Bhawan, ITO, Kotla Road, New Delhi -110002 Phone: 91-11-23236975/23236965, Fax: 91-11-23236973, E-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org.