FSSAI License Renewal Procedure
The process to renew FSSAI license is not difficult at all and can be done in either of two ways:
- Online FSSAI Renewal
- Offline FSSAI Renewal
Offline FSSAI renewal
The process to renew your food license can be done offline by the following steps:
- FSSAI License can be renewed by filing up the FORM A or FORM B based on the eiligibility of the food business for a particular type of license
- Attach a self-attested declaration required to comply with the regulations of the Foood Safety and Standrds Act
- Authority recieves your application, reviews and examines it and in accordance with the same, arranges for an inspection the FBO’s operating premises.
- Once, the inspection officer is satisfied with the compliance with the regulations of the FBO, they will pass the application and the report of the inspection
- It will take approximately 60 days for the authorities to issue a renewal of the food license. If, in any case the FSSAI renewal is not issued within 60 days of submission of the application, the FBO can carry on their business operation without the renewal procedure.
Online FSSAI renewal
In order to do the FSSAI License Renewal online, a FBO has to perform the following steps
- Visit the government portal of the Food Licensing authority
- Login/Sign up for an account
- Apply for Renewal by clicking relevant links
- Upload required documents
- Upon succcessful submission of the application, you will be given an application reference number in order to keep track of the status of the application for the renewal of food license.
When you apply to renew FSSAI license, FSSAI arranges for an inspection of your registered FBO’s premises to check for compliance with regulations.The regulations which have been laid out by FSSAI under the Food Safety and Standards Act are checked by a Food Safety Officer.The officer checks for compliance, quality of products facilities , working conditions, food handling techniques of the operators . In regards with the same, the Food Safety Officer assigns/ marks the FBO’s compliance levels as follows
- Partial Compliance
- Not Applicable/Not Observed (NA)