GST return filing assistance for E-commerce Sellers
(Auto import data for Amazon, Paytm, Snapdeal & other portals)
How will E-commerce seller file return?
There can be two types of E-commerce sellers:
- E-commerce operator/ marketplace (e.g. Flipkart, Amazon etc): It is an entity which owns, operates or manages digital or electronic facility or platform for E-commerce.
- Suppliers on E-commerce platform: It is an entity which supplies goods or services on an E-commerce platform.
Steps for filing GST return for E-commerce sellers:
- Monthly Details of outward sales by seller in FORM GSTR-1 by the 10th of next month.
- Monthly Details of purchase made by seller in FORM GSTR-2 by the 15th of next month.
- Monthly Filing of return along with the payment of amount of tax in FORM GSTR-3 by the 20th of next month.
- Monthly Filing of GST return of E-commerce operator in FORM GSTR-8 by the 10th of next month.
- Annual Filing of Return in FORM GSTR-9 by 31st December of next financial year.
GST return filing process
Return Forms under GST for E-commerce Sellers
|GSTR – 1||Outward sales by seller||Monthly||10th of next month|
|GSTR – 2||Purchases made by seller||Monthly||15th of next month|
|GSTR – 3||GST Monthly return along with the payment of tax||Monthly||20th of next month|
|GSTR – 8||GST Return for E-commerce Operator||Monthly||10th of next month|
|GSTR – 9||GST Annual Return||Yearly||31st Dec of next financial year|
Frequently Asked Questions
Every entity registered under GST will have to file a GST Return. A nil return has to be filed even if no purchase sales activity has been carried out during the return period.
Depending upon the type of registration and trasactions different periods have been specified.Monthly Return has to be filed by Regular, Foreign Non Residents, ISD and Casual Tax Payers whereas compounding tax payers have to file quaterly returns
If the return is not filed within the due date then the tax payer is penalized with late fee of Rs 100 per day upto a maximum of Rs. 5000/-
Suppliers on E-commerce platform have to fill GSTR-1, 2, 3 and 9. Form 1, 2 and 3 will be filled on monthly basis whereas Form 9 on annual basis.
Every E-commerce operator, who is required to collect tax at source (TCS) under GST, shall furnish a statement in form GSTR-8 electronically through the Common Portal. This return shall contain details of supplies affected and the amount of tax collected.GSTR-8 is required to be filed before 10th of next month.
Tax Collection at source (TCS) is not defined under the Act, but it is an amount which needs to be collected from the payments made to sellers on portal.
- Every E-commerce operator is required to collect tax at source (TCS) i.e., 1% (not more than that) regardless of turnover or supply made through the portal.
- It is not applicable if operator is operating as an agent.
- TCS is applicable only when the payment from the customer is received by portal and then passed on to seller.
- When seller directly receives payment from customer, this provision is not applicable.
- The TCS should be made on the net value of taxable supplies.
Person has to mention the details in the relevant column in Form GSTR-1.It do not matter whether the person is selling online or offline.
The due date to pay the TCS to government is 10th of every month following the taxable month. For example, Tax collected in the month of October should be deposited by 10th November.
Have Questions on GST? Have free discussion on E-mail
Advantages of Filing GST return with us
What our clients are saying?
1000+ Happy customers trust LegalRaasta Services
Best Customer ServiceThanks to LegalRaasta team who helped me with GST registration. The process was quite easy and hassle-free for me! Will recommend it to every one.
CEO, CaterWow Pvt. Ltd.
Trustworthy legal partner!!Their client support team is very supportive and humble. They helped me in getting GST number within 2 days. Kudos to their team!
Great Service & Speed!!The experts working at LegalRaasta are pretty experienced as they assisted me with whole GST return filing process! Will highly recommend for their quality support.