1. What is Gumasta License?
Gumasta License is generally a legal obligation governed by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment act. It provides you a certified authority to do your business through shop or business place. It is also known as the Shop Act license. So, this license is important for all either you are a small trading business or a service provider.
2. What is the deadline for Gumasta License?
The deadline for this is within 30 days of starting the business.
3. What is the validity of Gumasta License?
The validity of this License is only for 5 years. After 5 years it has to be renewed.
4. What are the documents required for Gumasta License?
- PAN card
- Ration card.
- Statement from current firm Accounts.
- Driving license.
- Voter ID card.
- Rent Agreement / Registry ( Any One )
- Rubber Stamp of proprietor and address.
- 2 – Color Photo Graphs.
5. What are the key features of Gumasta License?
- Hours of operation
- Working hours for women
- Protection of women
- Over time
- Holidays and leave
- Welfare of workers
7. Does a new business require Gumasta License?
Yes, it is necessary for every business. It is mandatory to make this license for a new business within a time specified by the state government before starting the business.
8. Where does the office of Gumasta license?
Application of Gumasta License can be easily done online in the maximum number of states, Hence, there is no need to visit any government office.
9. Where can I find Gumasta license online agent?
Legal Raasta can provide you with the best online services for Gumasta license and you will not have to deal with the unreliable and un-cooperative agents.
10. Where can I get all the information regarding Gumasta license online?
You can get all the online information regarding the Gumasta license in India on Legal Raasta or you can consult with our experts for your individual queries.
11. What is the difference between Gumasta license and shop act license?
There is no difference between Gumasta license and shop act license. Gumasta is a Persian word which is known as for agent for English.
12. How to do online Gumasta license registration?
You can follow the procedure of Legal Raasta given above to get it online with ease and simplicity.
13. How can I track my application status of Gumasta license?
You can use the online facility “check status” given on citizen portal in order to keep track of your application for shop act license. The unique application number or transaction ID is essential in order to use this facility.
14. Does a small shop also require Gumasta registration?
Every commercial establishment whether it is a small or large or self- employed/ professional hires has to register for Gumasta license.