1. What is DIR-3 eKYC Form?
Ministry of Corporate Affairs introduced DIR-3 eKYC Form which makes it mandatory for a person holding DIN to furnish his/her particulars within one month of every financial year i.e 30th April.
2. What information is needed to provide by the individual?
- Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Full Name of Individual
- Fathers Name of Individual
- Other basic details like Nationality, Citizenship details (whether a citizen of India or not), Gender, Date of Birth.
- Income Tax PAN
- Voters Identity card (optional)
- Passport (mandatory for foreign national holding DIN)
- Driving License (optional)
- Aadhar card (mandatory)
- Personal Mobile and Personal Email (mandatory)
- Residential address
Further, following Documents duly attested by Practising Professional:
- Proof of Address;
- Residential Proof
3. Is it necessary to be filed by a Disqualified Director?
Yes, Ministry of Corporate Affairs makes it mandatory for all the Directors holding a DIN to file DIR-3 eKYC, therefore Disqualified Directors are also required to file the same.
4. What are the consequences of non-filing?
In case of late filing, i.e. filing after 31st August a late filing fee of Rs. 5000 will be applicable. In case of any wrong information, the individual will be liable to give penalty under Section 448 and 448 of the Companies Act, 2013.
Non filing will lead to deactivation of DIN which will be a hindrance for the Director to act in that capacity, which is invalid and attract penalties under Companies Act, 2013.
5.Is Passport mandatory for DIR-3-KYC?
- It is mandatory for the Foreign National Person.
- Although, an Indian person having a passport must mention the Passport Number. If such a person is not having a passport then it is not required.
6. Who has to file DIR-3-KYC?
The director who has been allotted DIN as on or before 31st March of a financial year submits e-form DIR-3-KYC with the central government.
7. What is the due date of DIR-E-KYC?
The due date of DIR-3-KYC Efiling for directors is 30th April of Immediate Financial Year.
8.What are the mandatory requirements for DIR-3-KYC?
- Unique Personal Mobile Number
- Personal Email ID.
- OTP on Email ID and Mobile No.
9. What is the certification of DIR-3-KYC?
- DSC of Director
- DSC of practicing professional (CA/CS/CMA)
10. Is it mandatory for a person to have DSC to file DIR-3-KYC?
Of course, it is mandatory to affix DSC of director on his e-form DIR-3-KYC.