Get your DIR-3 e-KYC updated @ just Rs. 2000/-
MCA Notifies mandatory filing of DIR-3 e-kyc for existing directors
Avoid disqualification of Director DIN
What is DIR-3 E-KYC?
DIR–3 Form was previously used in order to obtain Director Identification Number. Since the new company incorporation rules are introduced, DIN is automatically issued under SPICe Form. DIR-3 eKYC is introduced by Ministry of Corporate Affairs to conduct KYC (know your customer) verification for Directors of all companies. Such filing is mandatory for Directors and should be filed using a Digital Signature Certificate.
Who can file DIR-3 E- KYC Form?
Any director who is allotted a DIN by or on 31st of March and whose DIN is in approved status will now have to submit his KYC details within one month of every financial year i.e 30th April to the MCA. In addition, this procedure is mandatory for disqualified directors too.
What are the checkpoints involved in filing the Eform DIR-3-KYC?
- Every director needs to to be provided with a unique personal mobile number and email address while filing the eForm. These will be verified by a one-time password (OTP).
- The second check would be the director has to use his own Digital Signature while filing this DIR 3 efiling.
- Last but not least, to ensure that complete and right information is provided will be that, the Eform dir -3 KYC should be certified by a practicing Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary or Cost and Management Accountant.
What happens if eForm DIR-3 KYC is not filed within the specified due date?
If in case, the director is unable to file DIR-3 form filing by the 30th April of every financial year on MCA 21 Portal then the department will consider the DIN of this director as deactivated along with the shown reason as Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC.
The director can re-activate his DIN in the future after paying a late fee of Rs. 5000 by filing the missed out eform DIR-3 KYC. The fee would be payable on or after September 1, 2018.
Steps to File DIR-3 eKYC
- Filling Form Online
- Upload proofs of KYC document
- Signing the form digitally
- Make Payment
- Verification and Certification of Form done by our Professionals
- Complete Mobile and e-mail OTP verification
- Submission of the form by us to the MCA
- Final confirmation through mail
Documents required to file DIR-3 Online
- Details related to Nationality and Citizenship such as gender, and date of birth.
- PAN Card
- Voters Identity card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar card
- Personal Mobile
- Personal Email Address
- Residential address
Apart from the above documents keep the following things handy:
- Individual Digital signature who is filing the Eform DIR – KYC
- The documents should be attested by the Practising Professionals such as CA, CS or Cost Accountants. But, in the case of foreign nationals, documents need to be attested by the prescribed authority.
- A declaration is needed duly attested by practicing professionals by the applicant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ministry of Corporate Affairs introduced DIR-3 eKYC Form which makes it mandatory for a person holding DIN to furnish his/her particulars within one month of every financial year i.e 30th April.
- Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Full Name of Individual
- Fathers Name of Individual
- Other basic details like Nationality, Citizenship details (whether a citizen of India or not), Gender, Date of Birth.
- Income Tax PAN
- Voters Identity card (optional)
- Passport (mandatory for foreign national holding DIN)
- Driving License (optional)
- Aadhar card (mandatory)
- Personal Mobile and Personal Email (mandatory)
- Residential address
Further, following Documents duly attested by Practising Professional:
- Proof of Address;
- Residential Proof
Yes, Ministry of Corporate Affairs makes it mandatory for all the Directors holding a DIN to file DIR-3 eKYC, therefore Disqualified Directors are also required to file the same.
In case of late filing, i.e. filing after 31st August a late filing fee of Rs. 5000 will be applicable. In case of any wrong information, the individual will be liable to give penalty under Section 448 and 448 of the Companies Act, 2013.
Non filing will lead to deactivation of DIN which will be a hindrance for the Director to act in that capacity, which is invalid and attract penalties under Companies Act, 2013.
- It is mandatory for the Foreign National Person.
- Although, an Indian person having a passport must mention the Passport Number. If such a person is not having a passport then it is not required.
The director who has been allotted DIN as on or before 31st March of a financial year submits e-form DIR-3-KYC with the central government.
The due date of DIR-3-KYC Efiling for directors is 30th April of Immediate Financial Year.
- Unique Personal Mobile Number
- Personal Email ID.
- OTP on Email ID and Mobile No.
- DSC of Director
- DSC of practicing professional (CA/CS/CMA)
Of course, it is mandatory to affix DSC of director on his e-form DIR-3-KYC.