Food Safety Mitra scheme online launched on World Food Day. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched the Food Safety Mitra (FSM) program, which aims to link motivated individuals to the food safety ecosystem on the ground. An FSM is an FSSAI-certified person who assists in FSS Act, Rules, and Regulations enforcement in one of three avatars: Digital Mitra, Trainer Mitra, or Hygiene Mitra, depending on their respective roles and responsibilities. The Minister also unveiled the Eat Right Jhola, a reusable, washable, and biodegradable bag, at the event. The Eat Right Smart Jacket has been implemented to provide FSSAI workers with a unique identifier to ensure that inspections are conducted transparently. It has an RFID tag and a QR code embedded in it. It’s connected to software that records when inspectors come into the building for surveillance.
Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian, the Chief Economic Advisor, spoke at a separate event in New Delhi, urging people to stop wasting food and instead feed the poor and hungry. According to him, behavioral economics is critical for the Eat Right India movement.
What is the Food Safety Mitra scheme online?
- What is the Food Safety Mitra scheme online?
- Eligibility Criteria for Food Safety Mitra Scheme Online
- What is the aim of the Food Safety Mitra Scheme?
- Role of the Food Safety Mitra scheme online
- FSM Scheme’s Certification Process
- Benefits Of Involving FSM Scheme
- Code of Conduct under the FSM Scheme
- Procedure for Food Safety Mitra Scheme Online
- FSM Certificates Issuance
- Food Safety Mitra Certification Renewal & Cancellation
- Why choose FSM Scheme as a better option for the consumer?
The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India), which is part of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, recently launched the food safety Mitra scheme. The FSSAI launched the FSM Scheme with the aim of assisting all small and medium food businesses in India in compliance with food safety regulations. By offering a transparent and organized ecosystem that helps food companies, the Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme will make it easier to do business. Food businesses will be able to find qualified service providers at reasonable rates, reducing enforcement costs and simplifying the FSSAI registration process. The Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme would also provide new job opportunities for young people, especially those with a background in food and nutrition. To do their job, the FSM would be trained and certified by the FSSAI, and they would be paid by food businesses.
Eligibility Criteria for Food Safety Mitra Scheme Online
- The applicant’s age must be between 21 and 60 years of age.
- Applicant must complete a Bachelor’s Degree at any recognized university.
- Aspirants should be known for information on computers, the Internet, etc.
For Trainer Mitra:
- The applicant must have a minimum degree in science, nutrition, food science, chemistry, biology, microbiology, or any related subject.
- If a person wishing to graduate has completed any other broadcasting, it will require at least 5 years of experience related to the food industry.
- At a basic level, at least 3 years of health training and food safety experience are required including FSMS.
- A person who wants to participate must be available for training for at least 20 days a year.
- The nominee should be a good communicator and have motivational skills.
For Hygienic Mitra:
- Applicant’s age needs to be between 21 and 60 years to apply for Hygiene Mitra.
- Applicants must have any degree in Catering Technology, Hotel Management, Food, Dairy, Fisheries, Technology, or Microbiology from accredited universities.
- The nominee should be known for the cleanliness and quality of the food components.
What is the aim of the Food Safety Mitra Scheme?
The FSM programmed seeks to improve food safety while also generating new job opportunities in the food and nutrition business. The FSSAI will offer training and certification to all people registered under the FSM scheme. In conclusion, worker experience levels will advance, letting for more job possibilities and food safety standards.
The function of the FSM scheme considering FSSAI,
- Digital Mitra: Assist people and companies in filing and applying for licenses online, as well as administering complaints and companies.
- Hygiene Mitra: Conduct audits of businesses to guarantee that they are supporting FSSAI regulations. They will also support the training of supervisors to assure that food is supervised safely and hygienically in all areas.
- Trainer Mitra: Instruct supervisors and employees on how to get the FSSAI’s “Eat Right” certification.
- Operations Ambassadors: Applying social media campaigns and other marketing tools, raise customer awareness.
Role of the Food Safety Mitra scheme online
The Safety Mitra’s responsibilities will be divided into four categories:
- The digital mitra can assist businesses and individuals in applying for licenses or registrations, as well as examining the difficulties of expired licenses and registrations.
- The Hygiene Mitra will present multiple audits at outlets to see if they are up to code in terms of protection and hygiene. They will also be in charge of educating food safety managers and handlers about how to treat food in a healthy and non-invasive method.
According to official records, only 32 lakh establishments currently have licensed or are registered. The aim is to double this number with the implementation of this scheme.
- The Trainer Mitra would assist in the training of food care supervisors and the conduct of training at FSSAI-certified ‘Eat Right’ campuses. There are currently about 1.55 lakh trainers, and this scheme aims to raise that number to at least 10 lakh trainers.
- This final group will perform a significant role in raising customer awareness. These representatives will create campaigns by social media sites and other available networks to expand the Food Mitra message.
FSM Scheme’s Certification Process
The certification process for the Digital, Trainer, and Hygiene Mitra begins with an application on the respective websites, followed by registration, and the certificate will be valid for two years. The Food Safety Mitra comes in a variety of versions, which a candidate can choose from. For eg, a Digital Mitra may also be a Hygiene Mitra, but only if he meets all of the eligibility requirements and qualifications.
Nature of Service and their Service Charges :
- Filing of the registration application, its change & the declaration for registration yearly and the charge is Rs 100/-.
- Filing of licensing application, its change & returns for a license annually with a service charge of Rs 500/-.
- Training – basic level, forward level, and special level. Negotiation by Trainer Mitra Rs 2000/- for FBOs include less than 15 employees. Not beyond Rs 5000/- for the FBOs with over or equivalent to 15 employees.
- Hygiene Audit-Negotiation by Hygiene Mitra Rs 2000/- for the FBOs include less than 15 employees. Thats not beyond Rs 5000/- for FBOs with excess or equivalent to 15 employees.
Benefits Of Involving FSM Scheme
- Employment Generation: – Food Security Mitras will include a collection of 25 lakh FBOs → lakhs by providing those services such as licensing, registration, hygiene standards, and training, etc. a sector that costs at least Rs 500 Cr.
- Freedom to Do Business: – Through the Mitra food security program, we are creating transparent, responsive, and systematic support for food businesses. This will enable the FBO to locate service providers in the area around them, the quality of services available, and the fair value of using these services. If there are any complaints or queries, we will create quick fixes and solutions – thus improving the ease of doing business with FBOs.
- Enhanced Compliance: – As FSSAI develops a law-abiding environment and seeks to comply with the law, FBOs will find trained service providers at affordable prices – reducing compliance costs. Food Safety Mitra which generates revenue from these services also has its own skin in the game to promote compliance with FBOs. By using feedback, we maintain this transparent market for FBOs and FSMs. FSMS can also play a very important role in ensuring the success of the FSSAI’s various schemes/objectives campaign
- Enhanced Food Security Strengthening Program: – Through the Mitra Food Security Program, we will build the last independent sector in line with the work of FSSAI and Government Food Authorities. It also allows FBOs to involve service providers to find a quick solution to their requests, questions, training needs or hygiene standards, etc.
Code of Conduct under the FSM Scheme
Various behaviors are provided as follows: –
As the person responsible for assisting FBOs by completing the guidelines, the first FSM process is integrity. These may include: –
- Look for proper diligence in applying and checking hygiene.
- Advice and assist FBOs effectively with procedures, regulatory requirements, procedures, and liabilities.
- Advise FBOs to correct incorrect announcements and non-compliance with guidelines.
- Only charging fixed fees from customers.
- Transparency in FSM scheme
It is necessary for FSMs to remain transparent about their services.
- If any application is submitted by them or on behalf of FBOs then they must state their unique identification numbers for each service provided by FBOs.
- FBOs should be notified of service rates. There should be a clear sharing of all receipts and acceptance by FBOs.
- FSM will not identify themselves as FSSAI officials and will not be allowed to use the FSSAI name or logo without their consent.
- It is imperative that FSMs maintain the highest standards in all application, training, or auditing situations.
- FSMs will ensure the quality of service through accurate, responsive, and accessible information to their FBO clients.
Procedure for Food Safety Mitra Scheme Online
Follow the measures below to apply for the Food Safety Mitra Scheme:
- Step 1: The applicant must go to the FSSAI’s official website.
- Step 2: Go to the portal’s home page and click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Step 3: Fill out the online application form with all of the necessary information, such as personal information, educational qualifications, and contact information.
- Step 4: Read the terms and conditions carefully after completing the form and press the “Agree” button.
- Step 5: To complete the registration process, click the “Register Yourself” button.
Note: After successful FSM registration takes a printout of the Application form for future reference.
FSM Certificates Issuance
Following the applicant’s selection from the submitted application, he or she must complete online training and appear for a CBT. At one of the designated testing locations. The food safety Mitra will receive a certificate that is valid for two years after the evaluation is completed. Depending on the service offered by the FSM to the food business operator, intermediate training may be needed.
Food Safety Mitra Certification Renewal & Cancellation
FSM certification is valid for two years after it is obtained. FSMs may be needed to complete intermediate training depending on the type of work they do. A refundable security deposit may be obtained at the time of approval to ensure that FSMs are invested in the scheme’s performance and goals. FSMs will be charged Rs 5000/- at the moment. If an FSM decides to leave the system, the security deposit will be refunded.
Why choose FSM Scheme as a better option for the consumer?
In India, food pollution is a major problem. As a result, contamination is likely at any point of the chain, from the acquisition of raw materials to the delivery of the food product.
As a result, contaminated food can contain a variety of dangerous viruses, chemical agents, fungi, and bacteria, all of which can be harmful to our health. As a result, toxic chemicals can cause a wide range of illnesses, including diarrhea and cancer.
According to research, every year, over 600 million people become sick as a result of consuming tainted food, and over 4,20,000 people die as a result of it. As a result, the FSSAI is doing everything possible to boost the food safety quality.As a result, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is working hard to strengthen the food safety standards of goods sold and consumed in India.
Furthermore, the FSSAI plans to certify over 50,000 FSM members over the next five years, dramatically improving the country’s food safety standards.
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare marked World Food Day 2019 by urging Eat Right India to expand its scope. The day’s theme was “Healthy Diets for a Hunger-Free World.” As a result, the ‘Food Safety Mitra (FSM)’ scheme was created to improve food safety administration and the ‘Eat Right India’ campaign. To get the best assistance and FSSAI registration in India, communicate with experts at LegalRaasta.