Introduction to Doing Business in Kolkatta
Kolkatta (formerly Calcutta) is the capital city of the eastern state of Bengal. Kolkatta has fondly been named “The City of Joy” because of the festive and joyful outlook of people. The city also has extravagant festive celebrations. Kolkatta also serves as a destination of one of the country’s finest cantonments with extravagant forts and beautiful architecture. The festive spirit, however, causes no hindrance to the business dealings of the city. The state of Bengal has seen drastic improvements in their rankings of ease of doing business, climbing from 14th up to 10th in the rankings. A lot of the credit for this improvement comes from Kolkatta. The process of company registration in Kolkatta is simplistic and easy to perform.
Bengal also scored a very high 99.5% in “reforms” category in the ease of doing business standings. This serves as a great motivation to start your company in Kolkatta. Kolkatta ranks as the 6th best city for trading across borders and at the 10th best city for starting a business in subcategories of ease of doing business.
What is a Private Limited Company?
A private limited company, or LTD, is a type of privately held small business entity. This type of business entity limits owner liability to their shares limits the number of shareholders to 50 and restricts shareholders from publicly trading shares.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs is also making great progress towards cutting down on the processing time of company registration application. A provision of One-Day Company Incorporation with SPICe has been introduced to make the process of company registration less tedious and hassle-free. You can also look at how much does it cost to start and run a private limited company.
Pre-requisites for Private Limited Company Registration in Kolkatta
- 2 Directors
- 2 Shareholders
- Registered Office Address (Residential/ Non-Residential)
Process for Private Limited Company Registration in Kolkatta
- Apply for Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
- Apply for Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Get the Name Approval with Registrar of Companies (ROC), Kolkatta. Check out the address for your ROC here.
- Register with the new SPICe INC-32 forms
- Aquire Registration Certificate.
- Memorandum of Association (MoA)
- Articles of Association (AoA)
- Declaration and Affidavit by directors and first subscribers
- Proof of Office Address
- Utilities Bills’ Copy not more than 2 months old (Electricity, Gas, Water Bills etc.)
- Copy of approval if the proposed name is containing words/expressions which need authorization by the Central government
- In case of proposed name based upon a registered trademark then it is mandatory to attach trademark registration certificate or trademark application copy
- NOC from sole proprietors partners /associates/ existing company
- Proof of identity and residential address of subscribers.
- Proof of identity and residential address of directors.
Shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] or give us a call at +91-