Every employer who has 20 or more employees working under him are required to obtain Provident Fund registration. Those employees who are having wages up to Rs. 15000 are required to be enrolled under the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) scheme. On the other hand, employers who are having less than 20 employees can also obtain Provident Fund registration voluntarily. So, the registered employers will be able to issue UAN to their employees who are enrolled under the EPF scheme. This Universal Account Number (UAN) is used as an identification of the employee under the EPFO which is compulsory to log in the EPFO Portal also.
Online UAN activation Procedure
The new users on the EPFO member portal can register themselves in a short and easy way by following the given steps:
Click on the “Activation UAN” option under the “Important links” tab available in the lower right corner of the screen on the main page.
You will be redirected to a new webpage where you will be required to feed in details pertaining to UAN, member ID, Aadhaar number, PAN, Name, date of birth, mobile no. (registered with EPFO), email ID, and fill up the Captcha code before submitting the form.
In the above step, you are allowed to choose from UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar Number, and PAN. You can fill up any one of the options mentioned above to register.
After all, click on the “Get Authorization Pin” option.
Then an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and you will be redirected to a new webpage.
Here, you will be required to get verified the details that you have provided in the previous page such as UAN, Name, Date of birth, Mobile no. and Email ID.
As soon as the details are verified, you will be required to click and check the checkbox against the “I Agree” option. The OTP ID and the field for the OTP will be provided under this option.
As soon as all the above steps completed, you can enter the OTP received on the mobile number in the provided field and click the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” option.
Now, after completing all the registration steps, you will receive the following message on the screen: “Your UAN is activated, The Password is sent to your registered mobile number.”
Required documents for generating UAN
- Bank details -Account number, IFSC code, branch name.
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Ration card
- Driver’s license
- ESIC card
How to activate UAN through the SMS & EPFO App?
This EPFO App was actually launched in 2015 for the purpose of accessing EPFO details through a smartphone. If you want do UAN activation then you should first download the app
and then enter their UAN Login as well as registered mobile number. Then submit it and you will receive the requested information.
How to add the Nominees?
UAN activation allows you to add and edit the nominees to your EPF account.
- Firstly, login to the UAN member portal and select the “Profile” tab on their dashboard.
- You will find the “Edit Nomination details” option under the profile tab. Click on this option.
- The nomination form requires information such as the subscriber’s personal and employment details. You have already these details registered with your UAN so this section will be automatically filled.
- On the same page, you will have the details of your family members. You can update it also from there. In this page, there is also information of subscriber’s nominees. Here, if you wish to change the nominees for the EPF and add a new one then you can do it.
How to activate UAN through Aadhaar?
Here, you have to self-generate your UAN using your Aadhaar card. Given below are the steps:
- Go to the EPFO member portal.
- Then click on “Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment”
- Now, enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Go to the option of “generate OTP”.
- You can here enter the OTP that you have received on your registered mobile number and click on “submit”.
- The appeared page will then display the Aadhaar card details.
- Have a click on “register”.
- As soon as it is done, the UAN will be allotted.
For further more details regarding ESI Registration and EPF Registration, you can follow our blog as well as visit our website: LegalRaasta. Our experts will help you to get the registration done and advice you related business issues. Hurry up! Give us a call at 8750008585 and feel free to send your query on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you Access the UAN login Passbook
Unified Portal – Employee Services
Know your best Payment Gateways in India and what is its role in E-Commerce