Costs required to start mobile manufacturing in India involve various sub-costs and the fact that it is becoming a hub of mobile manufacturers gives out that the relative costs are low. The company sets up a manufacturing unit at a place where the labour cost is low and not only low labour cost but also whether they have the set of skills to be the manpower behind the mobile phone, the place should be near to the target market so that that transportation costs do not eat the profit incurred. To remain competitive in nature, cell phone manufacturers confront the challenge of keeping per unit manufacturing cost as low as possible (the rough average is $100/phone). LCD, keypad, antenna, battery, microphone, and circuit board cover a major portion of the cost.
Fee structure for new application
(i) Application fee for grant of registration: ₹1000/-
(ii) A processing fee of ₹25000/- (including one test report). For additional test report that includes the application, additional processing fee of ₹10000/- per test report will be charged.
(iii) Annual Registration Fee ₹1000/- X 2(for two years validity) = ₹ 2000/
Steps involved in Registration
- Applicants are required to apply online for grant of Registration.
- Test reports issued from labs recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) under Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) to be submitted with the application.
- Authorized Indian Representatives of applicants located in or outside India have to submit an affidavit cum undertaking.
- The fee to be deposited as per the fee structure for CRS.
- Fill the application form online.
- Hard copies of the application to be submitted within 15 days of online submission. In the case of non-receipt of hard copies, the application will be treated as closed.
- The applicant will be responsible for the overall delay in Grant of Registration in the case of incomplete application.
- Once everything is satisfactorily resolved and affidavit cum undertaking has been submitted, registration is granted by BIS.
- The grant of registration letter will be uploaded on the applicant’s portal.
Points to be noted:
- Registration is initially granted for 2 years which has to be renewed after every 2 years.
- Registered manufacturers can appeal for an inclusion of new models of the same product and brand under the same number of registration.
- Address Proof
(1) Business Licence
(2) Other Document issued by Govt.
- If the application is not signed by the CEO, Authority letter from CEO.
- Online generated copy (duly signed and sealed).
- A copy of Trademark application if applied for.
- A copy of ID Proof of the person signing the affidavit.
- Test report of the product.