One of the common question among the employees is. How to check the epf balance in their epf account?
What is epf?
- What is epf?
- The aim of generating Employees’ Provident Fund
- Ways to check your epf ( Employees’ Provident Fund) balance
- A) The offline ways to check out the epf balance are :
- Missed call service
- EPF customer care number
- SMS sending service
- B) The online ways to check out the epf balance are :
- Umang App services (Mobile apps)
- EPF Portal services
Employees’ Provident Fund serves as a saving agent for the employees. The employer and the employee will provide an equivalent amount towards savings that can be availed upon retirement or after switching jobs. It is one of the most widespread modes with extensive retirement savings in India. This scheme is launched under the Act 1952 Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous. It is directed and controlled by the Central Board of Trustees. The trustees are the representative consist of government, the employers and employees. Following the EPF scheme, an employee has to spend a certain portion from his pay and an equivalent amount is given by the employer. The employee gets a round sum amount. The amount constitutes the employer’s own contributions. It also includes the interest upon two months after switching jobs or retirement. For more information about epf login to EPF governmental website .
The aim of generating Employees’ Provident Fund
The aim of the Employee Provident Fund scheme is to support retirement savings for employees across India. This scheme is a collection of funds raised through monthly or regular contributions made by his/her employer and the employee. The fixed rate amount is base on which the contribution to the fund presented.
Ways to check your epf ( Employees’ Provident Fund) balance
In early times the employees had to wait for their employer to provide their EPF statement at the end of every year. But now they can quickly review their EPF balance both offline and offline.
A) The offline ways to check out the epf balance are :
Missed call service
The missed call services are free and give a missed call from the registered mobile number at 011-22901406.EPFO members can check their balance by giving a missed call at 011-22901406 from mobile number. If the UAN of the member link with any one of the Bank account numbers, PAN and ADHAAR CARD the member will receive information of PF balance and the last contribution. Despite to get benefits of this facility the mobile number needs to be active with UAN at Unified Portal.
EPF customer care number
EPFO has launched a service of customer care number to determine account associated queries and to serve customers to know their EPF status with comfort. You may register your complaints by telephoning the EPFO India helpline number 1800118005. EPFO is collecting feedback, complaints, suggestions that are served within 24 hours by the administrators of regional centres.
SMS sending service
You can send an SMS to 7738299899 from his/her certified mobile number to verify the EPF balance through text message. Refer to the following guidelines for sending an SMS :
- Send SMS to 7738299899 from the employee’s certified mobile number.
- The member has to write “EPFOHO UAN”.There is a solution to language is convenient, there are in 10 languages. The languages are – Hindi, English (default), Tamil, Punjabi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada and Marathi.
- To get SMS in one of the languages separate than English. The leading three alphabets of the chosen language needs add after UAN.
- The employee will get an SMS with information such as date of birth (DOB), UAN, the total PF balance, PAN and last contribution given and Aadhaar.
B) The online ways to check out the epf balance are :
Umang App services (Mobile apps)
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation renders multiple services through the centralised mobile app of the government like Umang and EPFO E-Sewa portal. The application can be downloaded from the Google App Store/Play Store. Members can verify their balance. One more significant facilities are provided you can download your passbook on this app.
The process to download the app and how to check the epf balance through a mobile app:
- Download the Umang application from Google play store or iOs store. You can click on the link mentioned below.
- Open the Umang app on your smartphone or iPhone. Then select epfo and then click on the employee-centric services.
- After selecting employee-centric services, click on View Passbook to verify your EPF balance.
- Mention your UAN. Then click on Get OTP. You will receive the OTP on to registered mobile number with UAN. Enter the OTP and click the button of Login.
- Select the member ID of the business or firm in which you work and check the EPF balance. After that, your passbook will show on the screen with your EPF balance.
EPF Portal services
The government has introduced a website portal for the employees to check their epf balance. People who are part of the EPFO can review their balance by ministering the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization.
The procedure to check the epf balance into the EPF portal is :
- Visit the official EPFO Website. Then on the left side, 1 topic is the Our Services drop-down menu and click on the button of- For Employees.
- From the Services menu click the button of – Member Passbook. You will reposition to the login page.
- EPFO E-Sewa portal Log into the User name (UNA) and password. You will see Member IDs of each account associated with your UAN. This means your EPF accounts with the prior and prevailing employers.
- Click on the button of the Member ID of the EPF account for which you require to verify the balance. The EPF passbook will resemble on the screen.
Employers, employees or the member of EPFO, you can easily connect to all the online and offline aspects in checking out your epf balance through these mediums.
For more details connected with EPF Registration and EFI Regisration, you can have a look at our website services LegalRaasta .Even you can give us a call at 8750008585 and feel free to send your query on Email: [email protected]