A marriage certificate is basically a kind of compulsory registration to prove that your marriage is legal. Moreover, it is a well-recognized piece of a document whose basic purpose is to help you to obtain a passport, visas, and PAN card. So, the marriage certificate is not only confined as a legal document which can be a prove rather it is also required to claim bank deposits and life insurances. In Gujarat, there are only two types of registration of marriage viz. under:
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Special Marriage Act, 1954
What is the eligibility criteria to apply for a marriage certificate?
- The bride must be of 18 years minimum and the groom should be of 21 years at least.
- The couple should be a citizen of India. If the marriage is with a foreigner then no objection certificate (NOC) is required.
What are the documents required for registering marriage?
All the documents must be attested by the Gazetted Officer or by Notary public:
In case of an Indian couple marriage:
- Birth Certificate
- Address Proof such as a voter ID card/ration card.
- School leaving certificate
- Marriage invitation card
- Two passport size photograph
- Nationality Certificate
In case of NRI marriage:
- Copy of passport
- Address proof
- Employers ID proof
- Residence proof of two NRI witnesses
- Residence proof of two local witnesses
Fees structure of Marriage certificate in Gujarat
|Memorandum of marriage submitted with 3o days from the date of marriage||5|
|Memorandum of marriage submitted after 3o days from the date of marriage||15|
|Memorandum of marriage submitted after three months from the date of marriage||25|
How can I obtain a Marriage certificate?
All you need to follow the following steps:
STEP 1. Log on to the website: https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/of Gujarat Government.
STEP 2. Click on the option Online Services at the top of the homepage.
STEP 3. Now select the option of Online Forms. Through this, you can download the marriage registration application form.
STEP 4. Then you can type the required details in the application form and attach the prescribed documents.
STEP 5. Now you need to submit the duly filled form to the concerned authority of the Registrar office.
STEP 6. You will receive a receipt for application from the concerned office.
As soon as the application verified, you will get the marriage certificate within 7 working days from the date of application submission.
How can I change my name on Marriage Certificate?
Just follow the given instructions:
- You need to obtain a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married so you intend to change your name after marriage.
- A demand draft will be required in favor of the required department of your state for the charges related to name change.
- A written application will be sent to the Gazette department by you requesting the change of a name and also publish the same in the next issue of the Gazette.
- Then, attach a copy of marriage certificate and proof of address.
- Last but not least, send the documents to the department by registered post.
You will be given a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days which can be used as proof of your name change.
For more information regarding Marriage certificate, DSC registration or more visit our website: LegalRaasta. Our team will help you to obtain online marriage certificates. Give us a call at 8750008585 and send your query on Email: [email protected]