- About PICME
- Why PICME Registration is important?
- Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
- Login Process for the PICME scheme
- The registration process for PICME
- The login process for PICME registration
- The process to check your application status online
- The process to acquire Birth Certificate
- Contact details
- Frequently Asked Questions
PICME stands for Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation. It is a system that is deployed by the government of Tamil Nadu to track all pregnant women. Here is a website: https://picme.tn.gov.in/ on which pregnant women can register right from the inception of pregnancy until obtaining a Birth certificate for the newborn. The RCH ID of 12 digits will be provided to those persons who are registered under PICME which is being used to track all aspects of the pregnancy by the Public Health Department.
Why PICME Registration is important?
The government of Tamil Nadu has made this portal so that the Expectant mothers can get Online PICME registration through the nearest government health care centers, hospitals, and primary health care centers. There is one other option for expectant mothers that they can also contact the local nurses or Anganwadi center workers for collecting the 12 digit registration code. In the end, the application is also available in all village level CSC (Common Service Centres).
As soon as the registration has done on the system, the expectant mothers can also avail of the perks under the RCH scheme. In addition, mothers registered on PICME will be monitored by local nurses during the ante-natal stage. Nurses from there can also help you to upload the document details on the official software.
It is important to register PICME because it is much easier to obtain a birth certificate for any child born from a mother having PICME registration. After birth, the expectant mother can provide the RCH ID to easily obtain a birth certificate for the newborn.
Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
Besides providing access to good healthcare during pregnancy, an expectant mother who is registered under PICME having a financial requirement can avail the perks under the Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefits Scheme. According to this scheme, financial assistance of up to Rs. 12000 is provided by the Tamil Nadu government for expectant mothers as under:
- An installment of Rs. 4000 will be the first installment and it will be given to each and every pregnant woman who avails all required health services during the 7th month of pregnancy.
- An installment of Rs. 4000 will be the second installment that will be given to the mother after delivery who delivers in Government/Local Body institutions.
- An installment of Rs. 4000 will be the third installment that will be given to the mother on completion of the third dose of DPT, Hepatitis and Polio vaccine for the child.
But for availing the above benefits, PICME registration is mandatory and financial assistance under the DR. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefits Scheme.
Login Process for the PICME scheme
It has become mandatory to submit the RCH ID while claiming for the birth certificate in the Tamil Nadu state.
- While registering for the PICME scheme, the RCH ID number will be provided to the women.
- This registration will, in turn, provide benefits to the women during the pregnancy period and even after that.
- The website was launched to track Infant Mortality and Maternal Mortality within the state.
- If someone is not aware of this scheme, then she could register for the same after the delivery. The state has made it mandatory for registration.
- Any woman can also ascertain the same for their second child as well. It is given to every married woman, whether they’re pregnant or not.
The registration process for PICME
- First of all, go to https://picme.tn.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘Pre-registration by Public’ button on the right side of the screen
- Then, you need to fill in all the required details on the new page.
- After this, you need to select the District and Administrative in the fields given and enter your pin-code.
- Now, you need to choose the preferred time to visit the VHN (Village Health Nurse)
- Once you’re done, you need to feed in your email id and mobile number and “generate OTP”.
- Finally, enter the OTP received and click on the “save” button.
This whole process will get you registered for the PICME scheme, where you’ll receive a 12 digit RCH ID number and from this, you can generate username and password.
The login process for PICME registration
- First of all, go to https://picme.tn.gov.in/
- Then, feed in your username and password in the field given.
- Now, complete the captcha
This would help you access your account and edit/check the status of financial support.
The process to check your application status online
- Go to https://picme.tn.gov.in/
- Then, click on the ‘pre-registration by public’ button.
- After this, click on the ‘Pre-registration Application ID status’ from the menu bar.
- Now, you need to enter your Application ID in the text box.
- Finally, tap on the ‘submit’ button which will show you the status of the application.
The process to acquire Birth Certificate
- After you’re through with the RCH ID registration process, note down the number.
- Then, give this number to the concerned office which will give you all your details.
- Finally, you can collect your Birth Certificate from the office or they will send you the same on your address.
You have an option to contact the PICME office in case you want any help regarding the login, registration, or obtaining a birth certificate online. The contact details of the PICME are as follows:
- Call center number- 102
- E-mail address- [email protected]
- Office address:
Directorate of Public health & preventive Medicine,
359, Anna Salai, DMS complex,
Teynampet, Chennai – 600006
PBX No – 24335075, 24334818
For further information regarding the Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, you can visit our website: Legal Raasta and follow our blog. Our experts will give you the best advice and help you to proceed further. Hurry up! Give us a call at +91 8750008585 and feel free to send your query on Email: [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
• Voter ID
• Ration Card
• Driving license
• MGNREGS Job card
• Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance card
• Any other photo ID issued by the government.