ISO certification is the seal which is approved from an external body whereby a company complies to one of the internationally recognized ISO management systems. Further, this certification can be used to tender for a business as a proof of a company’s credibility but also instills confidence in a potential client that promises will be kept. In this article, we will let you know about the ISO certification bodies.
ISO Certification Bodies
- ISO Certification Bodies
- List of best ISO certification bodies in India
- What are the things that should be kept in mind while choosing the right ISO certification body?
- Integrated audit
- What makes you use an accredited ISO certification body?
- Advantages of ISO certification bodies
By hearing ISO certification bodies, we mean a registrar which is competent and authorized to issue certification on the management system after an audit. It is the kind of awards credentials to individuals who meet specific competence requirements relating to a particular occupation, profession, a job or a portion of a job. Choosing the best out of all ISO certification bodies is really a very challenging task being an individual or organization. Actually, certification bodies can only state as leading when they meet below requirement:
- Have 100% success rate on project completion.
- Have competent auditors within the organization.
- Have auditors on every industry sector.
- Audit techniques are on industry best practices.
List of best ISO certification bodies in India
- Bureau Veritas
- Tuv Nord
What are the things that should be kept in mind while choosing the right ISO certification body?
Of course, the price is the main criteria and you should ask a couple of certification bodies for their proposals and think over it what to do what not to do. Although the price is not the only thing that we should look for, we should consider other things also like:
If you have decided to use your ISO registration for marketing purposes then do not get the certification from a body that is known to give them away with no criteria whatsoever. So, it would be beneficial for you to choose a certification body with a solid reputation.
If anyone can give you a piece of paper by saying that you are ISO 27001Certified or any kind of standards but not anyone is accredited (licensed) to do so. In that case, you need to check whether that certification body has accreditation i.e if they have the license from the local government body in your country.
It is actually not a very good idea to have a certification body that has until now certified only manufacturing companies if you belong to a bank. Maybe it happened that this auditor may have a lot of experience in business continuity but if he has audited only manufacturing companies by now, you will lose too much time explaining to him how the bank works. As a result, he will be learning much from you will from him.
If you are looking for an auditor with low experience to get by easily then actually it is in your best interest to have an experiences auditor because you might miss some valuable insight. So, never be afraid to ask which auditor will audit you. Always ask for his CV and a list of companies he has audited.
If you have started with ISO 27001 or whatsoever, but you are planning to implement ISO 22301, ISO 9001 and other ISO standards you can actually ask your certification body to do an integrated audit. Hence, you will not have to go through separate audits for each and every system rather you can do one audit for all these systems together. As a result, you will not only save time but also you will have to pay less.
When the ISO certification body has to fly in the auditor from any other continent, it will be very difficult for you to change the date of the audit. Because all the travel arrangements have been made already.
If there is a requirement, the ISO certification body might provide a translator. Even then, the audit will go much smoother if the auditor speaks your language. He will read your entire documents much more easily and you will be able to develop a better relationship with him when there is no language barrier.
What makes you use an accredited ISO certification body?
Its a matter of wisdom in selecting the right organization to carry out your ISO certification. So, always choose an accreditation body that is a signatory to the IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA) that would prove as the best practice. No doubt, it will be competent to deliver a consistently reliable and impartial service which meets the appropriate, internationally-recognized standard.
Advantages of ISO certification bodies
Given below are the advantages of choosing an accredited ISO certification body:
- Always provide you the confidence of getting the service that closely meets your requirements.
- It differentiates the market and leadership by showing to others credible evidence of good practice.
- Through this you may get a chance to win a new business since the use of accredited conformity assessment services is increasingly a stipulation of specifiers in both the public and private sector;
- Helps to identify the best practice since the certification body needs to have an appropriate knowledge of your business sector.
- It has the ability to control the cost with the help of knowledge transfer since accredited certification bodies can be a good source of impartial advice.
- You can gain access to overseas markets since certificates issued by them are recognized well and accepted throughout the world by choosing an accredited body for certification.
- Apart from this, it demonstrates due diligence in the event of legal action.
- Last, it reduces paperwork and increases efficiency by reducing the relevance of re-audit your business.